[BLOG] 2 week - Final Day, Week in review

jj Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
Today was will power test. We went to a b-day party at an Italian reasteraunt.
holly crap soo many good choices of pasta I almost said, it's only a day. But I stayed tough and had chicken.

Review Time:
Week 2 was surprising to me. My net loss was 0 pounds. yeah 0 pounds. My diet stayed the same for the first half and then realizing I was in starvation mode I decided to up the cal to at least 2000 a day. However, I did not do much exercise. Hmm interesting.

So what do i think? I think dieting is crap. restricting yourself from one type of food isn't going to make you loos weight. Yeah I lost 8 pounds, but that was in the first week and that's because my intake was so low my body said "fine I'm going to burn any more cal." Your body sinks into habits just like we do. I think the only way to keep a head is to switch it up from time to time. Keep you body guessing.

What Have i learned.

1) I have the will power to finish what I start
2) Exercise boost metabolism
3) Diets are foolish- carbs are good
4) Conservation of Energy and mass laws apply in nutrion
5) I have a wonderful wife

Going forward:
I'm going eat what I want when I want, but be mindful of what I'm doing. I'll target my intake to something lower than what I burn. I'll keep with the exercise to boost what I burn and it's also good for me. I'm going for a steady weight loss now. a pound a week is fine, a half pound a week is fine, I'm going to target 10 more pounds by Jan 2010. not a hard goal to reach but I reasonable one. "Eat less do more" truly the best way to loose weight.

Thanks all for your support. The past 2 weeks were interesting, tough, and enlightening.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    There was no need for you to cut carbs in the beginning, even for a week. Carb cutting is for people achieving a very specific goal of a lean, muscular mass. For everyone else, moderate calories, lowER carbs, and exercise is good enough.

You have to identify your goal before you start a single day of exercise.