[BLOG] Icrontic at E3, Day Three

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
Today was strange. I don't really know why, it just felt shorter than the previous 2 days, and I didn't seem to get as much accomplished. Truth, I got more accomplished today than other days.

It rained today. I have never seen rain in the state of California. It was weird.

We got to the convention center and had lunch. We opted to sleep a little longer this day, since we hadn't had a chance to do that yet. Once we finished lunch, we went up to Valve's room to await our interview with them. We checked in, then played Left 4 Dead 2. It was a fun time, and definitely pumped us up for the interview. Once we finished, I practically turned around and saw Valve's own Doug Lombardi standing there. I about had a heart attack, giddy like a child meeting Mickey Mouse for the first time. Icrontic had a great discussion with him about many different topics. We'll have a write-up posted soon.

picture.php?albumid=51&pictureid=251

The best part of our interview? A gamespot journalist tried to butt in and get in on some of the action. Our presence was too strong, and we essentially pushed him out of the conversation, dominating Mr. Lombardi's presence with our many questions and positive comments.

Gamespot UK. Rude and inconsiderate. F-, would not interact with again.

After that was over, we ran back to the media lounge to write up our interview with Valve. Jokerz4fun and I then walked around the show floor to try some games. We had a great conversation with a developer working on Ghostbusters.

picture.php?albumid=51&pictureid=252

We met up with Primesuspect, Ghoosdum, and CB at Bethesda's booth. I was rather unimpressed by all of the demos they had. Wet looks very mediocre, the additional Fallout3 content is more of the same...

picture.php?albumid=51&pictureid=253

We split up after this. Primesuspect and I met up with SledgeHammer70 to go to Pandemic Studios and check out The Saboteur. It was a fun trip, but I'm not allowed to talk about it. I gotta say though, that group from Pandemic is a classy one, they were great hosts.

z7xwa8.jpg

Microsoft had their afterparty to wrap the night. Icrontic mixed about the MS crowd and had a great time. A quick limo ride to our hotel, and that wrapped the night.

One more full day of the conference left, and I can't wait to see what it's got in store for us.

Oh yeah, and we saw Elijah wood and Vern Troyer yesterday. And the Russian man that created Tetris. And Nintendo's PR Queen. And did I mention Doug Lombardi?

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    Gamespot UK's rep was lacking in class, to say the least.