[BLOG] Sometimes life bites you in the keester

jj Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
My day:

Had an early morning meeting in London On, Had to leave my house at 6am. Got to London at 8:00am. Went to the meeting at 9:00am and was suppose to get out at NOON. Well at 4:30 I finally left. Marketing folks bicker about the stupidest stuff. Leave the engineers out of you dumb meeting.

Started back home and got stopped for 30min at the border...there was 3 cars in line...3 dame cars. Then after I got in the states is were my day nose dived

I live around 10 mile rd and my car decides to crap out at 26 mile. I'm in the freeway and my transmission blows. I 90% positive it's the trans because I lost all power to the wheels and when I can to a stop I heard a metal on metal grinding. However, right before I stopped a van almost flips over...let me take you back a few minutes.

After I realized something was wrong I moved over to the right hand lane and turned on my hazards. At this point my trans was going in and out. I was going about 50mph. Then, the trans took a turn for the worse and started to loos speed. I looked up and the van that was a half mile back was coming up on me really quick. She wasn't paying any attention and when she got her mind back in the game she was right up on my tail. SQUELCH, turn , over correct, hit a sign and vault the car van vertical in the air and slam back down in the grass. Wheel side down thankfully. By this time my trans was done and I had to stop because I was quite sure someone would have to speak to me. I was right a cop came by and as the fire truck and ambulance took car of van girl the cop ask me a few questions. He just took my lic. and went on his way.

So, now what. I have to get a tow from 26 to 10 mile at $4mile. So after 30 min of trying to find a tow truck company I finally got one. I had him drop me off at a local fix it shop. Luckily, an employee was there dropping some stuff off and my wife car was in the bay (she dropped it off earlier in the day for minor stuff). It is now 7:00pm. I was able to take my wife car home.

I think life gave me a smack on the keester a bit. But I think I deserved it. I'm a big believer in karma. I try to live my life right and treat people right...try. I've been in a dickish mood lately. For some reason I always have some bad thing to say or think about everything, I've been on a negative kick for about a month now. I have no reason for it, I've just been a kind of a dick. I think today is the a manifestation of this thoughts and actions. Telling me to get back on track.

I did have positive things happen today. I could have blown my trans in Canada and the guy at the fix it shop might have not been there. I think that was a manifestation of "good" deeds I've done recently.

You see, my wife was stranded on the freeway in a bad neighborhood at 3:30am a few weeks ago. I helped her out and we stopped by a gas station. I man was stranded with a flat tire and I helped him out with out even thinking twice. I thought that just what you should do. So I'm thinking that helped me out today.

Well I'm tired. Going to bed