[BLOG] 2009 SCCA National Championships- I hate you #39

pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
Well it continues. We tested this weekend, Sat and Sun. Saturday went very well and our changes worked out perfectly. After a seasons worth of work we are now on par with the leaders in the class. We finished Saturday being either the fastest or the second fastest (there are no official times during testing) so we were very happy. Cue Sunday and we have some transmission problems, which we are able to sort through, buuuuutttt....

I go out in the second session, and on the out lap a guy spins RIGHT in front of me. I have to evade and end up riding into the gravel trap at the carousel at Road America (approx 100mph) and end up in the tire wall. I thrashed a wing and a nose but luckily the gravel slowed me down enough that there was no mechanical damage, and I have all the spares I need, so could be worse.

Open Letter

Dear #39,

I know driving is hard and all, but can you try to not try to spin right in front of me next time? At least spin somewhere that gives me a chance to evade on some pavement so I don't have to go into the gravel trap, mmkay? Thanks,

This Guy

/end Open Letter

So #39, I hate you. I know you didn't do it on purpose, but I don't like you very much right now.

Anyways, here is how the car LOOKED. I'll call this old and busted, the new hotness will be posted tomorrow once the repairs are done. My camera doesn't do the color justice. It is sweet... well, it was sweet at least.

Next up on the schedule Qualifying on Tuesday, I have Monday off!

/edit. This blog is a followup to one that was supposed to be posted on the 17th, but wasn't till tonight because I'm a meathead.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    NICE GOIN, #39
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    #39 is a n00b/douche.

What class are you racing now Novak? Is that formula 2000 series? I had forgotten at ICSP you mentioned you were progressing class.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    /edit nevermind, just saw your post from the 17th.

Looks like you're not sponsored. Is that typical of the series?

Also - definitely update us more! I love this stuff.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    Yeah, no sponsor is typical. Generally SCCA club racing doesn't provide much of a marketing outlet unless you are gearing your product specifically towards racers, and those are few and far between.

I'll have a good update tomorrow after 1st qualifying, but I'm in the top 5 right now and we are all within .5 secs of each other it seems.