[BLOG] 2009 SCCA National Championships- Almost Race Time

pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
Well qualifying finished up yesterday and I ended up third on the grid. Things went really well and I knocked off a good lap that put me there. Unfortunately, my session was cut short when I went off the road and put it in the gravel. No damage, but I did find out how fast I can go through turn 1, and the answer is, not that fast.

Right now I'm just sitting around at the track getting ready for the race. We aren't doing anything to the car so we are just making sure everything works right, all the bolts are tight, that sort of thing.

The race is Sunday morning at 8:30am Central Time (9:30am Eastern) and will be broadcast live on www.SpeedcastTV.com if anyone wants to watch it. The race conditions are going to be unknown till the day of since there is rain moving through tonight and on Saturday. Hopefully the rain gets done early on Sat so things can dry out and get a dry race on Sunday. Otherwise its going to be cold and slimy, and that will make the race VERY interesting.

Comments

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    Good luck, big guy. Myrmidon's rooting for you!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Awesome. Good luck man, I'm going to try and catch this race tomorrow. I like Road America, it's typically a fun circuit to watch.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Need update!

I missed the race again... I ended up crashing in South Bend Sat. night to help a friend move from his house early sunday morning. Didn't have access to computer/internet :(

here's to hoping for future web broadcasts. Please let us know if they'll air!