[BLOG] Assassin's Creed 2

jokerz4funjokerz4fun Michigan Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
I can honestly say I'm excited about the next installment of Assassins Creed. AC1 was the first game I played on Xbox 360 console, so it holds a special spot in my heart. I mean it did take my V card away from me at the tender age of 30. Once I watched the opening sequence I was hooked like a crack head. The game play and story line was killer. I loved the freedom, I could go anywhere or do just about anything I wanted to do. The graphic quality was like nothing I've ever seen before. I was speechless. The ending was a bummer(hate you Ubisoft) but it left me wanting more.

blog_attachment.php?attachmentid=78&stc=1&d=1253979749

Assassin's Creed 2 offers a bigger verity to gamers with a new main character, taller buildings, new cities, different outfits, options to bribe the locals, you can buy new weapons, visit stores, hijack boats and best of all the ability to swim. YES YOU CAN SWIM! In the first game water seemed to be the only thing that would bring you to your demise. You were a trained assassin with the ability to leap from buildings, scale walls, kill with the slightest of touch, find hidden secretes, but dare not touch the water. Oh noooo stay away from the bad bad water charlie.

If you haven't seen the trailer you should give it a quick look. I saw it at E3 so it's old to me, much like all the games coming out. Assassin's creed is set to hit stores November 17 2009. The bad news is The P.C release date was just pushed back to "early 2010" Ubisoft claims that the console dates are firm and will not change. Let's hope they stick to their word.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mVWhWsgHzKM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mVWhWsgHzKM&hl=en&fs=1&&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Comments

• chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    Glad I'm not the only one excited, I cannot wait for this game and it's currently tied as my most anticipated game in the next year with The Saboteur. Assassin's Creed was the only game I've gotten all of the Xbox achievements, in fact, I don't think I'm anywhere near 50% on any other game. So yeah, I'm stoked.

It's too bad about the PC release date, but I do think this is one of those few games that you should play on a console (or at least with an Xbox controller).
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I never played the first one. It was a game that I wanted to really get into, followed the previews and gameplay trailers very closely, and then after release, I just forgot about it. I think it's because the PC release was delayed.

I never got around to playing it, so I have no enthusiasm for the next game.

Story of my life, some times.
  • jokerz4funjokerz4fun Michigan Icrontian
    Lynx next time your at ICHQ Im going to force you to play AC1. Its a great game. I know youll enjoy it.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Lynx, you can get the Director's Cut of AC on Direct2Drive for $5 right now.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    I certainly liked AC1 but the water thing and how fast the guards tended to spot you in a crowd as well as the side missions got tiresome. I know that they've fixed swimming and the side missions, hopefully the guards aren't so twitchy to put you in jail this time.

Nothing is worse than a leper pushing you around with all their retard strength then having the guards swoop down on you.
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    Okay so primarily based on this thread, I picked up AC1 from Steam when it was sold for $5 a couple weeks ago. The mission design IMHO was lazy, since its basically the same objectives, difference city, increased guards and AI each time around.

If AC2 delivers more creative objectives, and more character "freedom", I don't see why anyone shouldn't have AC2 on their game watch list. I'm certainly looking foward to seeing its initial response.