[BLOG] Louis CK and My Thoughts

WinfreyWinfrey waddafuhMissouri Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
If you don't know who Louis CK is, go ahead and read up about him. Don't worry, I'll wait.

Done? Good.

Now check out his guest appearance on Conan. I know, it's old :P. Still funny though. He has some really good points about the "privileged" society that we have today. It's true. People today have some of the most kick-ass things in the history of the world. We can fly. We can connect to the internet that allows us to access information in seconds that would be much more difficult to get to just fifty years ago. Medicine is getting more awesome everyday. Computers are doing more and more useful things. Long story short: things are awesome.

Louis CK and I are like peas and carrots when it comes to how great we have it today. Snarkasm writes about this subject as well in the life section of Icrontic. Everyone, these guys are right. We take a so many things for granted it's ridiculous.

My thoughts on this subject is that we need to complain and gripe and groan. We need to not be just content with what we have. Let's think about what would happen if we all stopped and were just thankful with everything we have. Would we feel a need to change anything? Is it necessary to improve?

Short answer: no
Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If people were happy with the Pony Express delivering their mail across America, we wouldn't have tried to improve. It's the gripes the minor quibbles we have with things that drive improvement. I mean should we stop and be thankful for a web browser as complete as IE 6? Hell no! Update to something better! My internet stops working on a flight across the Pacific Ocean? Get pissed! We demand better! We deserve better! I'll be damned if things don't get better because of it.

What do the rest of you think?

Comments

• KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    I like to appreciate in the now and the shit all over it's parade when the time comes. But that's just me.