[BLOG] When 'Being Dumb in a No Dumb Zone', be sure to wear a helmet.

edited November -1 in Community
So as one staff member told me upon my arrival to this sadistic hell-hole, "This center is a 'No Dumb Zone', and so long as you can avoid acting dumb in the 'No Dumb Zone' you'll be fine." I took this to mean, "Use your brain and don't be fucking retarded and we won't send you packing like Mexico extradites hackers." In reality it meant, "Everything about this place is ass backwards and retarded, and you really would rather assault an Al Quaeda stronghold with a paperclip, a drinking straw, and a wiffle ball than stay here."

Since then I have witnessed, heard about, and watched the consequences of so many atrociously shitfuck retarded acts that I've on more than one occasion thought that they must be slipping gallons of Robitussin into the food here. (I wouldn't know. I don't eat the food here because it makes you shit out your frontal lobe, possibly because these walking spittoons and fecal matter golems cook it.) Regardless of the cause, some of these acts are so dumb I took note of them for your amusement (and mine when I get old and can't remember shit anymore).

Originally I was going to post each of these individually, but screw that, there's too many:
  • Students getting caught having sex on center, in bathrooms, under bleachers, in empty classrooms, in dumpsters, in trees... etc.
  • A student who won the "How Job Corps helped me" writing contest, explaining how Job Corps helped him get off of drugs and alcohol, only to subsequently be found with alcohol and drugs in his locker less than twenty-four hours later.
  • A student who circumvented the entire Job Corps network security system in order to check his facebook.
  • Drinking. I have watched ~25 students go home for this in three months. They go to town, get shit-housed (positively so, just last night a bunch of students came back drunk after leaving another student, a tiny Asian, curled up in the fetal position in the local Walmart parking lot with near alcohol poisoning), and then come back, thinking, "KNO WUN WHILL KNOW AI'M DUHRUNK!"
  • Starting fight clubs, filming them, and putting the film on Youtube in an identifiable fashion.
  • Threatening to kill Staff.
  • etc.. etc...