2011 Steam Holiday Sale Trade Thread

2»

Comments

• (I love the fact that, from all appearances, this thread has been pretty much ineffective at spawning any trades)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Free: 50% off L4D2 to the first PM I receive.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    (I love the fact that, from all appearances, this thread has been pretty much ineffective at spawning any trades)
    Probably because the sales aren't over yet.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Also because until 01/02 the coupons are worthless
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    The coupons are worthless anyway. all of these games are a better deal now than they will be with the coupon later. It'd be different if they would work on future games. 50% off any valve game would be awesome if it would work on next year's big valve game once it comes out, but all of them are good only for games which are currently out.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    The coupons are not worthless. For example I have been wanting to buy a coworker L4D2 for a while. I missed a 75% off sale (Fall sale?) and continue to kick myself. I can not spare even the $10 to buy it on sale currently. Now if I have a coupon like the one Thrax offered, (Still not sure if I was the first PM) then I can pull the trigger on it next month some time for the same price. These coupons are basically selective extensions of the Winter Sale discounts.

To me it seems Valve is doing this to encourage trading. They have pulled the economy out of TF2 and implemented it into the core of steam. I am in awe of it and continue to love watching it evolve.

-Digi
    I still can't get over the fact that I have three NEW games without paying any money because I've been playing games. It's an incredible new world of marketing and gamification. I am in love with Valve all over again.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I now have CS:S, Achron or Monday Night Combat for trade for a game I don't own. Figures I'd win Monday Night Combat the day after I got it as a gift...
    Joe, I'l trade you MNC for Limbo or Trine (or a coupon)
    This is what I have to offer (Bastion and Borderlands are accounted for)

I still can't get over the fact that I have three NEW games without paying any money because I've been playing games. It's an incredible new world of marketing and gamification. I am in love with Valve all over again.
    I'm sore that I spent my evening getting achievements, and only came away with coupons and coal (which I crafted into a coupon).

...and, so far, I've only gotten coupons for games which are currently on sale. I guess that's what happens when it's random. Some people get cool stuff and others get shite.

I prefer last year's holiday game, when we were earning tickets and trading them for things we got to pick from a list.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    I no longer have HL2 and HL2:EP1

I finally found someone who didn't have them......

MiracleMan lol
    The coupons are not worthless. For example I have been wanting to buy a coworker L4D2 for a while. I missed a 75% off sale (Fall sale?) and continue to kick myself. I can not spare even the $10 to buy it on sale currently. Now if I have a coupon like the one Thrax offered, (Still not sure if I was the first PM) then I can pull the trigger on it next month some time for the same price. These coupons are basically selective extensions of the Winter Sale discounts.

To me it seems Valve is doing this to encourage trading. They have pulled the economy out of TF2 and implemented it into the core of steam. I am in awe of it and continue to love watching it evolve.

-Digi
    The L4D series is 75% off right now. ;)

The L4D series is 75% off right now. ;)
    Well played sir. Well played.

-Digi
    After all that, I got a game today for having my Facebook account linked to Steam.

I have Silent Hill Homecoming for trade if anyone wants it. :)
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    Have: Wings of Prey
    Want: Something more useful to me. :)
    edited December 2011

Couple things not for trade so I've edited the image to make you jelly of hide my coal and inform you that the L4D set is taken. It turns out there are special edition TF2 hats that you can only get from crafting coal so I'll be trying my luck with those.

Any of the coupons are up for grabs to IC members that will use them. I'll be giving the rest away after they become active.

The games I would like to trade for any that I don't have, coal or TF2 items. Trainz I am on the fence about. I bought Train Simulator 12 when it was a few bucks the other day. No idea if I will even dig train sims.

-Digi
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    have:
    want: ???
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Holy shit bobbidigi have enough coal?

I have 2 coal 50% off valve and a copy of Portal plus an ever growing pile of TF2 Items I don't use.

Don't particularly care what I get.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited December 2011

If you want a coupon it's yours.

EYE is a spare copy from the 4 pack that's free to a 'crontian gone.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    Have: 50% off any one title on Steam listed with Nordic Games as the publisher.

Want: A different coupon of equal of lesser value
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian