CPU fans in place of System fan

KingmanRossKingmanRoss Kingman,AZ
edited December 2011 in Hardware
Hi all.Curious-I have a few xtra cpu fans. Is it possible, by sticking 2 together,to have a better air flow(would have to wire them together),would it be good or bad idea?

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    IMO, you need system fans still, to cool rest of case. As to two fans together, will leave that for someone else to speak to.
  • I don't think I grasp what you're asking... are you saying you want to attach one fan directly to a second one in an attempt to increase the amount of airflow?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Putting them one on top of the other is a terrible idea; it will actually severely impede the airflow.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I agree with Prime. Unless you have two fans designed to work together with a high resistance cooler between them, its just not worth it. Even designed stacked systems really don't gain much in terms of airflow, its just a gimmick. Its a slight efficiency boost, not a doubling of airflow.
  • Ok,thank you everyone.I was not even sure if it was possible.Ya never know till you ask.Your all a great bunch of solution solvers.Thanks again.