SW:TOR Icrontic Guild

13»

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    Origin isn't required.
    you don't even have to have origin running to launch the game
    Game arrives today. I have some things to take care of from 7-9pm, but I'll install and be ready to go late tonight.

Edit: Wait, you're empire? That makes me sad...I'll still join up, but unlikely to be my focus.
    makes me sad you think republic is better than the empire

Bounty Hunters, check.
    Force choke, check.
    force lightning, check.
    force push, check.
    force kick, check.
    more romance options, check.
    snipers, check.
    FUS RO DAH! check.
    did I mention flame throwers? check.

but if you think the boring Jedi code is better, well.
    I'll still be playing some Empire, but I have a thing for "good guys" and being on the side with the worst population.
    good guys eh? the same good guys that tried to genocide an entire species. yeah, the republic are not the good guys :)
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    Annnnd Origin is GONE just like that.
    Annnnd Origin is GONE just like that.
    make sure you let us know your toon name
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Sweet the Icrontic guild grows in strength.

Let the Republic rue the day they tried to match themselves against the Icrontian Empire!
    I am having MAJOR problems getting this game installed.

I figured I'd try the digital download route, but it kept redonloading a certain 4+gb sound file over and over and over.

So I said "screw it" and figured I'd uninstall and let it install from the disc and patch over it. However, now I'm getting "Install Failed" errors every single time I try to install it.

This is incredibly frustrating.
    I am having MAJOR problems getting this game installed.

I figured I'd try the digital download route, but it kept redonloading a certain 4+gb sound file over and over and over.

So I said "screw it" and figured I'd uninstall and let it install from the disc and patch over it. However, now I'm getting "Install Failed" errors every single time I try to install it.

This is incredibly frustrating.
    there are logging in issues today that I know of (started last night)

i would wipe anything SWTOR off the PC and re-download.

also can check here http://www.swtor.com/community/

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    OMG, long DL is long.
    OMG, long DL is long.
    yea it is 16GB I think
    It appears many people are having problems downloading and verifying the game. I will 7-zip the up to date game folder and upload it to Bitcasa over the next day.

If you keep having problems with corrupted files, send me a PM, and I will link you to it.

(Without an SWTOR account you can't play the game. Why Bioware doesn't have a manual download eludes me)
    edited January 2012
    I have NEVER had this much trouble downloading and installing a game. Half the weekend's blown already, as is my 90 bucks, and I am NOT happy.

And THANK YOU. I finally tried doing the FalconEvo thing, and it's impossible- nobody's seeding the torrents, and the FTP's got too many connections. So I guess I'm just waiting for you now, and then I'll FINALLY be able to play my game.

This is utterly SHAMEFUL on EA's end. But of course, shame is one of those emotions they do not understand.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I've even had problems with the Disc install, so not sure it would've worked out better for you.
    edited January 2012
    So, almost 3 days AFTER I bought the game, finally the stars align, the moon is in the correct phase, and somehow hitting repair about 6 or 7 times and downloading the client about 6 times over FINALLY got the damn thing to work.

Is Bondar Crystal the only server we run? I'll do it, I guess. After blowing my -entire- weekend away waiting for this damn thing to work, I really want to play. I'm just really crappy at PvP.

Plus flashbacks to...ugh...Stranglethorn Vale.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I have yet to encounter a single instance of PvP in the world at level 25. I have screwed around in the "battlegrounds" (warzones, in SW:TOR). I think several people have other servers for Jedi (even though you can have them mixed on one, our fearless leader had a big oopsie because of this)
    I've never before this game had a game from EA work on the first attempt.

Although I love the games EA releases the actual formatting and setup is horrid I still remember having to go through three weeks of customer support just getting BF2 (and later 2142, they never made a permanent fix) to work because despite entering the CD key properly it would read 'Invalid CD key' in every log in until I had to manually edit my registry.

Anyone here remember the collector's edition Mass Effect 2 discs? Yeah they left out a UI file and the only 'fix' was to install EA download manager and get a digital copy.

Glad to hear that you've got the game working though, if you need assistance with an instance or just want to coop missions add Tarn (I don't have a single character past level 8 yet)
    I've encountered PVP 3 times, twice on Tatooine and once on Alderaan. I'm at level 38 now.

• Had the game since Saturday. I've played 13 hours already. Up to lvl 14.

I blame @cannonfodder for getting me into this mess.
    edited January 2012
    I'm not quite level 10 yet, had some distractions.

I'm a fat Sith-side Bounty Hunter named Chowhall. And my hair is awesome. Check it.

You can keep your head-spikes and your mohawks and stuff. I'm bringin' sexy back.

EDIT: BAM, Level 10.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    HA! Love it.
    HA! Love it.
    Just hit ten on my bounty hunter...then I made a Jedi and a Smuggler I now have 5 different characters with only one at 10...
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Had the game since Saturday. I've played 13 hours already. Up to lvl 14.

I blame @cannonfodder for getting me into this mess.
    Cheers! Best MMO I've played.

Also, 13 hrs.