Super Mario Crossover 2.0

BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
edited January 2012 in Gaming
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Ok. I could totally just fill this post up with that, but I -do- need to be constructive.

SO. In case you've somehow been under a rock last year, Jay Pavlina is the creator of a lil sumthin-sumthin called "Super Mario Crossover". It essentially takes Super Mario Bros, and adds in characters from other major NES franchises. It was released in 2010, and saw several updates. The original roster consisted of Mario, Link, Megaman, Samus, Simon Belmont, and Bill (from Contra).

Since then, it's been updated with new features and tweaks, as well as a couple of other cool things that go above and beyond it's original intent. It's since then added in a major content patch, Ryu Hayabusa (from Ninja Gaiden). And then another huge content patch added in Saphia the 3rd (from Blaster Master). Ever since a subsequent patch following up on bugfixes, the game's development has been quiet for many months, with maybe a bit of news here and there.

Jay's apparently seen fit to start the new year off right, though. Luigi and Bass will be joining the roster, but ontop of that, the game is being updated to play even more considerably different for each individual character- bringing more of their game's whole schtick into the fray. For example, Link will be collecting items from question mark boxes akin to the treasures and items he's used from his games, or Samus getting her suit upgrades, or Megaman getting robot master weapons.

And to top it all off, there will be options to now play the game not only in NES skinned mode, but also in SNES and Gameboy modes, as well as having alternate character replacements (Dark Link for Link, Trevor for Simon, Protoman for Megaman, and so on).

It's slated for sometime first quarter of this year. And it. Will. Be. Glorious.

In the meantime, however, I HIGHLY suggest going back and playing the game in it's current incarnation right now, til then! I would highly recommend a gamepad for playing this game, of course.

You can find the game here:
CLICK THIS RIGHT NOW AND PLAY AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH