Next video card upgrade

_k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
edited January 2012 in Hardware
Thinking about replacing my GTX460. Thinking about a MSI 6950 with the Frozr cooler. The highest I could go with NVidia in the same price range would be a 560 Ti. Thoughts/suggestions?

Comments

• It pains my greater sensibility's to suggest this, but assuming you have a board to do it, you would likely be better off to just SLI a pair of GTX460's. They scale really well in SLI, and another one should cost you about $160. A single 6950 even with a good overclock will net you an aprox 40% improvement in most games, but even selling your other card used, I think your loosing in bang for the buck because a 2nd GTX460 will literally scale near double in most games. Does your board accommodate SLI? Do you think your power supply can hack it?
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Everything should be gravy if I did that. Still running an old 790i with a 610watt PCP&C, used to run dual 880GTs or a single 9800GX2 with that supply.
  • Yeah that board and power supply should give you everything you need to just invest $160 and double up your graphics horsepower. I think that's where the smart money is.