My Little Pony: A Retrospective

Comments

• BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    MLP:FiM (G4, in this case) has indeed taken the internet and creative minds of tens of thousands of adults and teens, if not more, it seems. The one thing a lot of folks tend to forget though, is that even if you might not care for G2 or G3, G1 is the building blocks for what G4 turned out to be, and deserves the proper respect.

I can certainly verify what the author of the article says about Tirek- the scene where he commands them to take the child pony away and lock her in the dungeon is practically bone-chilling. It's cold, cruel, and you really have a distinct dread that something very unfortunate could happen. The atmosphere around the castle certainly helps as well...the art and animation for the special in it's entirety is pretty top notch, but they do an excellent job with their darker settings.

Lauren Faust, the creator of FiM herself took a great deal of inspiration from G1. Firefly, in fact, served as a great deal of inspiration for modern-day Rainbow Dash, and in fact a lot of her plots and ideas for the show itself were taken from the G1 toys she used to play with back when she was a kid.
  • BandrikRyan Wilsey Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I sense an Icrontic "vintage" Ponystream coming our way soon... ;D
  • I love Rescue at Midnight Castle and am going to say that Tirac is the best villain in existence.