Icrontic EVE Discussion

Comments

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Frigate-> Destroyer-> Battle cruiser->Battleship

That's the natural progression for mission running. It isn't worth the investment to get a cruisers for lvl 2 missions. Save up and get a BC. It will run all lvl 3 missions by yourself if you watch the triggers (eve-survival.org to look up your mission and the triggers) and level 4s if you bring another person along with a BC.

If you want any more info about mission running contact me in game @ Judah Savahna. I run missions like they're going out of style...
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    I changed the name of this thread to end with discussion and created a thread here to put your player names/other info (ships, "professions", other relevant stuff that the vets can tell us we should put). I can edit your info later, so throw anything relevant as a comment and I'll edit it into top post. Let me know if I missed anything. A couple people did not state player names ( @BuddyJ, @ardichoke, and @BHHammy should check my note ... names withheld may be by design for lulz)
    Random: is there a way to exit w/o using the escape button? As in, through a clickable menu
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    If you're playing in windowed mode (which allows for easiest access to docs and whatnot) then you can just click the standard close button on the window decoraction.
    I can't believe I didn't think about that. /derp
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    Just as a heads up to anybody looking to join the corp most Icrontians are currently in - we've recieved a potential war threat today so we're going to be closing recruitment. Anybody that wants to get in let me know ASAP cause once we go into lockdown we like to keep it :p
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    ... elaborate. War threat?
    (from my limited understanding) Another alliance declared war on our alliance, which means that we could be attacked in open space without any repercussions for them (not sure what that means in terms of high-sec areas or what)
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Same thing in high-sec, CONCORD won't interfere in corp/alliance wars
    Same thing in high-sec, CONCORD won't interfere in corp/alliance wars
    I thought that would be the case, but wasn't sure and can't google gaming stuff at work.
    I was more curious how this happened.
    Ask in alliance chat would be best bet, or maybe @Harudath knows.
    Basically they got annoyed at Zarosh camping their wormhole, and he thinks this is just a bid to keep him occupied/out of there for the time being, or so I gather from corp and alliance chat.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    Going forward, don't post anything that can be construed as intel here. Nothing damaging has been said, but the bad guys are smart and use Google.
    Awwwww yeah
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    If you guys need one, we can make a private EVE forum
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    That might be a good idea @primesuspect . Seems there is a lot of {IC} eve players. even though we're missing a prime :P
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    I love eve! I've been playing it since 06, my main character has 94 million SP, I'm leader of a small alliance called "Centrion" which consist of 7 corporations.
    If you guys need one, we can make a private EVE forum
    That would be great.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    I'm not gonna lie, this whole WarDec thing is frustrating, especially to a new player like myself.

Pretty much the only thing I can do with my game right now is log in, check my skill queue, and then log out. i can literally do nothing else right now.

If the time I had right now had actually been paid for by me, I would be -pissed- right now. And to be completely honest, if I -had- dropped money on this game, -as a new player- it probably would have made me drop the corporation, or just the game entirely.

Not saying I'm going to, but you have to understand- this is one hell of a way to introduce someone to the merits of this game- the joys of waiting.
    I'm not gonna lie, this whole WarDec thing is frustrating, especially to a new player like myself.

Pretty much the only thing I can do with my game right now is log in, check my skill queue, and then log out. i can literally do nothing else right now.

If the time I had right now had actually been paid for by me, I would be -pissed- right now. And to be completely honest, if I -had- dropped money on this game, it probably would have made me drop the corporation, or just the game entirely.

Not saying I'm going to, but you have to understand- this is one hell of a way to introduce someone to the merits of this game- the joys of waiting.
    Eve does take alot of waiting, but once the waiting is over it is just amazing.
    I'm kind of with BH. It's not about the waiting, it's about JUST waiting. I'd be training for all the skills I need for my Vexor anyway, but during this time, I could also be out in a Tristan or an Incursus doing level 1 shit, at least doing SOMETHING besides queuing up skills and checking back 4 days later. I am bored out of my mind on Easter weekend, and can't do anything in EVE.
    You could roll a neutral alt and help scout...
    Presumably I'd have to train that up as well, so I'd still be taking that time. Still considering it, though.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    Presumably I'd have to train that up as well, so I'd still be taking that time. Still considering it, though.
    Keep in mind that you'd either have to buy a second account, or stop the training on your primary character to train the secondary.

Apparently you can only have one character per account training skills at one time.
    You would have to stop training on your primary. I pay for the game and this doesn't actually bother me. You could also get a 7-day throwaway account.
    I agree - when the wardec first hit my main concern was for the new members because it is not common at all for players still on their game trial to be thrown straight into a situation where they can't realistically expect to undock and not be podded. I sympathise, really.
    The good news is that we'll be going on the offensive soon; we've found their home wormhole. Once that's taken out they won't have a leg to stand on. The bigwigs want to wait until the war is over to take it to them, though, so I'm not sure what the plan is. For now, the only thing I can suggest (if you're really suffering from lack of play time, which I totally understand - was getting cabin fever myself) is to drop corp until the war is over and then come back for the siege - and hopefully - the spoils of war.
    Hell, I'll be up to Drones V in another day, maybe I can participate in the siege. I'm just bored.

(Also, was saying that here safe? Can't they just destroy/decay their wormhole if they know you've found it?)
    Possibly famous last words, but yeah :p Its fine. We've got a scout inside the WH. We can always find the new entrance now.

Progress.