Star Wars: The Old Republic Tips?

Slayer5227Slayer5227 Elkridge Member
edited March 2012 in Gaming
I'm new to this MMO and I was wondering if there is anything I should know? I am currently playing a Sith Warrior, and I am at level 8. What stats are best for my class, are there talent trees, do I use heavy armor or just whatever suits my attributes best? I played WoW for a long time and this is quite different for me. I really like the game but some tips on how to get off the ground would be appreciated.

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    When you get to level 10, you'll pick a specialization on the main fleet, either Juggernaut or Marauder (for warriors). Juggernauts are tanks; marauders are dual-wielding DPS. Once you pick a specialization, you'll get access to your talent trees, and can start building up your talents. I recommend looking up builds once you decide which way you want to go; there are lots of options for all the different trees, and some are better for certain play styles than others.

Which spec you choose will determine what your best stats should be. I believe it's going to be strength and endurance for the Warrior class; higher strength for marauder DPS, higher endurance for tanks.

You use whatever armor you are allowed to. My operative uses medium; my assassin uses only light armor. If you are allowed to equip heavy armor, you can (and should, in most cases) use it. Also, keep an eye out for orange-level armor. If you get an orange piece early in the game, either from quest drops or buying it with commendations you can get from completing quests, you can keep that orange armor with you all the way through to level 50 just by updating and keeping the mods in it, which are removable on orange gear, current with your level.

There's more, but it'd get overwhelming, probably. Let us know what other questions you have.

What server are you on?