WordPress Being Slow

ShadowdareShadowdare Member
edited April 2012 in Internet & Media
I need help figuring out why my WordPress installation is being slow. (It will load slightly faster for unregistered visitors due to W3 Total Cache). I've changed themes and it's still slow, including the admin panel. I've also disabled all plugins but it's a bit slow, but I'll have to recheck. About W3 Total Cache, I would like to keep it disabled for logged in users due to a special commenting system, and it definitely makes things faster but WordPress stills run pretty slow elsewhere.

Are there any other ways to see why my WP install is slow?

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    What type of hosting setup do you have?
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    IDK, but for me I downloaded this plugin once and it froze my wordpress admin control, it took me forever to get to the plugin page and deactivate it.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    IDK, but for me I downloaded this plugin once and it froze my wordpress admin control, it took me forever to get to the plugin page and deactivate it.
    For future reference, you can simply delete a plugin that's malfunctioning.
  • My hosting setup is a quad core Xeon with 4GB RAM and a RAID1 file system.
  • Is it shared hosting, your own vps? Can you show us the website? Do you use any CDN for static content?

So many things could be slowing you down, identifying the bottleneck requires some more info.