php/database error on icrontic

one234hone234h Downingtown, PA [USA]
edited May 2012 in Community
I'll watch to where this gets moved for future reference, if this post isn't the place for this.

I was typing a comment and in the little pop-up that usually says "Draft saved at 1:10 pm" or whatever came up with an error, and each time it got longer and longer. It culminated with me not being able to resolve Icrontic.com at all. It just showed "Error establishing a database connection" instead.

Here's how it started:

"An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database"
SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections
LOCATION: /storage/websites/icrontic.com/library/database/class.database.php
> 51: $this->_Connection = new PDO(strtolower($this->Engine) . ':' . $this->Dsn, $this->User, $this->Password, $this->ConnectionOptions);
> 52: if($this->ConnectionOptions[1002])
> 53: $this->Query($this->ConnectionOptions[1002]);
> 54: } catch (Exception $ex) {
>>> 55: trigger_error(ErrorMessage('An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database', $this->ClassName, 'Connection', $ex->getMessage()), E_USER_ERROR);
> 56: }
> 57: }
> 58:
> 59: return $this->_Connection;
BACKTRACE:
[/storage/websites/icrontic.com/library/database/class.database.php] PHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler();
[/storage/websites/icrontic.com/library/database/class.database.php 55] PHP::trigger_error();
[/storage/websites/icrontic.com/library/database/class.database.php 269] Gdn_Database->Connection();
[/storage/websites/icrontic.com/library/database/class.sqldriver.php 1640] Gdn_Database->Query();
[/storage/websites/icrontic.com/library/database/class.sqldriver.php 921] Gdn_SQLDriver->Query();
[/storage/websites/icrontic.com/library/core/class.model.php 386] Gdn_SQLDriver->GetWhere();
[/storage/websites/icrontic.com/library/core/class.model.php 369] Gdn_Model->GetWhere();
[/storage/websites/icrontic.com/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php 609] Gdn_Model->GetID();
[/storage/websites/icrontic.com/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php 792] UserModel->GetID();
[/storage/websites/icrontic.com/library/core/class.session.php 316] UserModel->GetSession();
[/storage/websites/icrontic.com/library/core/class.auth.php 41] Gdn_Session->Start();
[/storage/websites/icrontic.com/bootstrap.php 211] Gdn_Auth->StartAuthenticator();
[/storage/websites/icrontic.com/index.php 43] PHP::require_once();

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Yea, There were some database issues (to the point the site was down) just now that have either been resolved (as the site is back up) or are in the process of being resolved.

This post just saved a draft without an error so everything seems to be back to good.

-Digi
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    MySQL is a dick.
  • one234hone234h Downingtown, PA [USA]
    edited May 2012
    So THAT's why the error kept getting longer.

Edit: I am not proud.