battlefield 3 will not start

erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native TexanHouston,Texas Member
edited May 2012 in Gaming
I had bought a copy of bf3 during the origin 50% off sale. After i bought it i played it for one hour. The next day at work i wanted to show a friend with no avail. I searched the internet for a quik fix but i did the usual trouble shooting techniques by a complete uninstall of origin and bf3 & reinstall.

Please help

Comments

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    More details please: where is the hang occuring? Is it during single, multi, or co-op? What are your system specs and have you update any background apps in the mean time? Also, make sure PunkBuster is correctly updated and running.

Another thought is that at work, something is blocking the ports needed for the game to launch and use BattleLog
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    alienware m17x

intel core 2 quad

memory ddr3 6gd

video gt260m sli

This occors durring campain - multi - coop. I do have add-aware anti virus but i did disable it in game play just to rule that out. I use pdanet for internet.
    Well, it sounds like an error launching the game/BattleLog through Origin. Try launching just Battlelog by going to the Battlelog site through your browser. Another issue could be BattleLog plugin corruption, which happens a lot more than EA or DICE are willing to admit. You need to go to Add/Remove Programs to remove it completely, then restart, make sure it has really been removed and then redownload the plugin.
    I found a work around by disabling aero for windows 7. so far it's stable.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Do you have Windows 7 64 bit??? Is BF3 a 32 bit game??? If yes to both, then Aero in 64 bit Win 7 is 64 bit theme(as far as core of Aero itself in 64 bit Windows). Disabling Aero will probably default to a 32 bit theme.
    Probably why I haven't run into many of the problems with BF3: I use the most basic/classic theme possible.
    It's a 64bit os.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    battlefield 3 will not start
    I do not see how this is a problem.

;D
    well since nvidia released drivers 301.42 i decided to mod the inf file so i my use the driver on my m17x. It works so far.
    well i got a refund tg.
    ?