AMD Catalyst 12.6 Beta

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited May 2012 in Hardware

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    Trying them out right now.

Should I uninstall the previous version first?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I never do, and have yet to have a problem. Some people still insist on driver cleaning, though.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I usually clean install, zealously, because Windows sucks.

Boot to safe mode, uninstall+delete driver from device manager with NO INTERNET CONNECTION until it just says "VGA", clean with CCLeaner+DriverSweeper, reboot with NO INTERNET and install driver. Then reboot and reconnect to 'net.
  • As well, with the 12.6 update, it brings in a new release method. As needed, rather than the monthly setups they have been with for a good period now. Should be nice overall, take more time, release better, more meaningful work.

Source
  • adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
    Does anyone know if this driver package is appropriate for the 7970m? Under applicable products, the writeup says 7900 series but does that also include the mobility series?
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    Last I checked, AMD doesn't release any drivers for the 7xxxm series yet. You have to wait for your manufacturer to release updated drivers.
  • adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
    Okay, thanks for the info.