Antipole Giveaway!

midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi(> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
edited June 2012 in Gaming
So, I messed up, and now you get to profit from it! I accidentally bought two copies of Antipole for the PC yesterday during my hurry to catch the tail end of the Because We May sales (ended up missing it on a couple titles, actually =/). While it looks like a pretty cool 2D platformer, because I don't need two copies, and because the download link expires in less than a week, I'm giving it away very soon :)

So, we're gonna play a little game.

I wrote a non-English haiku in the haiku thread a little while back. Check it out, translate it, and post the translation here before 23:00 CDT Monday June 04, 2012. Out of the reasonably-accurate translations, I will randomly decide a winner. If you're interested and don't want to take the time (or spend the sanity ;) ) to translate it, post here anyway. If there aren't any reasonably-accurate translations by the deadline, I'll choose randomly from all interested parties.

Note that, while this means there will only be a few days to download it after the contest, it's probably fairly trivial to get a new link since it's a legitimately-purchased license.

47 hours. Y'all have fun :D

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    Here's my horrible, horrible translation.

From the beyond is Cthulhu
    share your nonmind and nonbody
    sleeping worthless soul
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    Beyond the threshold [waits] Cthulu
    [To] share our mind(s), [and in] death our being.
    Damnation [for] our worthless soul(s).

(Cmnahn'orr'e should probably be c'mnahn'orr'e in your Haiku.)

//EDIT: And a more liberal translation:

In the palace of Nightmares waits Cthulu,
    to possess our minds, and in death our bodies.
    An eternity of despair lies waiting.

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    Awesome translations :D I love how interpretive R'lyehian is.
    And I have to disagree about the cmnahn'orr'e/c'mnahn'orr'e. At least based on the dictionary/translation page I was using, looking at other phrases, prefixes don't necessarily require an apostrophe, however there are specific words that do include them. In this particular example, it's a combination of:
    c--(prefix) we / our
    mnahn' -worthless
    orr'e-soul / spirit

cmnahm'orr'e
    A more popular example of this, from the famous phrase ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, the word mglw'nafh is actually:
    mg-(conjunction) yet
    lw'nafh-dream / transmit
    and wgah'nagl breaks into:
    wgah'n-reside in / control
    - agl-(suffix) place
    whereas ph'nglui is:
    ph' - (prefix) over / beyond
    nglui-threshold
    with the apostrophe inserted as part of the word.

...anyway [/geeking-out]

I flipped a d2 and Lincoln's face says Antipole will be going to Thrax. Congrats! Thanks to both of you for putting in the effort! And actually, since it was just the two of you, and I know it took a good bit of effort, I'm gonna make it worth both your whiles :D
    Be expecting messages from me soon :)
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Final outcome: Thrax decided on another offering, so Antipole went to MiracleManS. Much thanks to these two for being super awesome and participating :D
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    This was fun. Thanks, Midga! :D