RPG modding

cherplunkacherplunka Sunnyvale, CA Icrontian
edited June 2012 in Gaming
Anybody out there ever use the Torchlight editor? Any opinions? I'm looking for a nice, stable, robust RPG editor.

Comments

• NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    I was briefly entertaining the idea of getting into Torchlight modding to try and make a Shadowrun - like mod for it, but lost interest when I saw there were some SR games on the horizon. Anyways, the tools looked pretty slick, the scripting GUI was pretty sweet, but honestly didn't really mess with it.

A friend got RPGMaker and is supposedly trying to make a game with it but I haven't heard or seen any progress from him on that front, but the application seems to be a decent launch point for such projects.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    The Neverwinter Nights engine has a nice, flexible editor, but it requires quite a bit of actual coding to get anything more than just level and character design (like if you want to script events, or have parts of the level which can change on certain triggers)
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    I used to play in this big D&D campaign via NWN every week. It was pretty epic but the amount of work the DM put in on it every week was pretty significant (from my understanding). You can definitely do some amazing things with the NWN editor though.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Thirding the Neverwinter Nights editor. That thing is rad. Plus, the game is pretty cheap these days.