Chrome and Adobe are Crashing!

yossarian084yossarian084 Norwich, VT, USA Member
edited June 2012 in Science & Tech
I'm trying to print some stuff from Adobe X and when I hit print the program crashes. Same when I try to save files from Chrome to the computer, so this may be the tip of the iceberg. I've never seen this problem before. Any ideas?

Comments

• TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    Chrome sometimes crashes for me too when ever I go on facebook. Try deleting all chrome files and re-install it. If that doesn't work then you could always use another browser.

And I don't really know much about Adobe software.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
  • yossarian084yossarian084 Norwich, VT, USA Member
    Thanks for the info but it didn't seem to help.
    But I'll try to uninstall and reinstall.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Sorry ;), but good luck!
    edited June 2012
    Tried the reinstall but no luck. IE is displaying the same symptoms. Mozilla seems OK though.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Some quick notes about Reader X and .pdf files....

There have been updates for Acrobat Reader frequently. I have updated it when I had issues, and usually the issues vanished within an update or two. Sometimes folks use an old Full Acrobat or something else to make a .pdf file and Reader of modern sort burps when trying to use the file.

Also, modern .pdf files can prohibit printing, and old Acrobat Readers can mess up if they encounter such a file. It is possible to get corrupt or malformed .pdf files also.

Here is an easy link to a page that will analyze your system and give you the right modern Acrobat Reader:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/ Yes, the page that opens may vary a bit, but that is a valid address.

Also, I uncheck the part about the McAfee install as I use other stuff for security on my computer.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Have you tried completely removing your print drivers and re-installing the latest gotten from manufacturer's website? That is a common denominator it seems. You may also want to run chkdsk /r and/or an HDD and memory test (like DFT and memtest 86+, both available on UBCD)
    Straight man,

That actually worked and I can print the file I needed. Thanks! Still can save from Chrome though.....
  • What are you trying to save from Chrome? An image? A website? Something else?
    Are you saving it to your desktop? An external hard drive? Something else?
    The file in question was an image. However, all seems to be well for now. Just downloaded some images and other file types with no issue. Strange but at least its resolved. For now.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2012
    Straight man,

That actually worked and I can print the file I needed. Thanks! Still can save from Chrome though.....
    Happy to help, sometimes I can detect a thing that MIGHT help. Happy it was not drivers or hardware.

As to saving .pdf file from Chrome, try clicking the diskette in the Acrobat Reader menu and see if it will let you save the file with the image in it. Acrobat reader files do not usually allow saving of images in them separately, BTW. Just mentioning it, in case you have the idea that Chrome will separate the image and save it and that is not working.

To take a image out of a .pdf file, you need to use something other than Chrome or Acrobat Reader, but you can save the whole .pdf file with Acrobat Reader. Does that help?