Doctor Who Streams

IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy CanadianToronto, Ontario Icrontian
edited July 2012 in Lifestyle
So I've been talking about this on the Icrontic Pony Streams for awhile now and I've decided that I should actually make it official and get a list of interested individuals and availability. Now I know Icrontic's got a lot of Whoovians and there are a few people that I'd like to introduce to the show.

If there's enough interest and everyone is able to agree on a day (If we're to have one this week we'll have to start after midnight EST due to my job hours.) then I can prepare an episode and we can all enjoy one of the best shows ever as a group!

Unless there is popular vote of another episode (Or simply watching chronologically with the reboot) I'd like to start the stream with David Tennant's award winning episode Blink.

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Interest
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    Interest
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Slight interest. I've never seen an episode and I think I know more about the actors shirtless then I do about the storyline. I would be willing to give it a watch.

-Digi
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    @BobbyDigi I highly recommend picking up the series and starting with either season 1 (Eccleston) or season 2 (Tennant) of the remake. It's gonna get weird(er) if you watch them out of order.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Vote for starting with S1 of the new series (Eccleston). Lays a good ground work (or it did for me anyway). They're available for streaming in Netflix. DO EET.

Also, Blink was so amazingly mindfuckingly awesome and creepy.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    I'm all for going Blink, and I'd like to watch the whole series (the remake part at least) chronologically
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited July 2012
    Interested. Always heard about this but the limited programming out here has crushed most dreams of seeing all this cool stuff that others from across the country and globe talk about.

I'd prefer starting at S1, if not then you better be ready to start 'splaining stuff.

Also, if it takes place in the evening, then I'd be able to make most dates.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    I'm all for going Blink, and I'd like to watch the whole series (the remake part at least) chronologically
    Blink is an awesome episode.

Start from the original 1963 episodes :D
  • lmorchardlmorchard {web,mad,computer} scientist Portland, OR Icrontian
    Interested! I've been down with the Doctor since I was 12 and watched the old stuff on PBS and occasional newer episodes in the 80's & 90's on CBC channels. :D
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    @BobbyDigi I highly recommend picking up the series and starting with either season 1 (Eccleston) or season 2 (Tennant) of the remake. It's gonna get weird(er) if you watch them out of order.
    Start with Eccleston, you won't be dissapoint.

TiberiusLazarus
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Alrighty sorry its taken me so long to respond I've been busy at work.

So as it stands I think we'll start with S1 with Eccleston however here's the problem I don't have Netflix and I only actually own David Tennant's airing so if anyone here would be willing to do the episode streaming that would be awesome!
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    This is relevant to my interests.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    I have all the episodes, but I'm not sure how to stream them
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Interest, I think. Enough people have yelled at me to watch this show by now.
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    How did I not see this?? I am totally in.
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Bananas are good. I like bananas.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Aight once again delay I apologize. So barring netflix this is going to have to be a once in awhile thing with a voted on episode as I need time to get the episode off a disc and upload it for the day of. So I think we'll begin with blink possibly this weekend and then put up votes every so often for new viewings. Unfortunate but as it stands I can think of no easy way to get episodes.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Interested....except I just started watching the show with CatVonTea (starting Eccleston, we're two eps in lawl), and don't want to a) go out of chrono or b) get ahead of her.
    So, more relevant, if y'all find a good way to synchroniously observate it, I'd be very interested in learning about it.
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Viewing them out of order is not advisable if you are going to do a Doctor Who marathon. However, if you are going to get someone interested in the show, you need a show with some zing to pique their interest. My only complaint with the weeping angels episode is that there isn't much doctor in it.