PlanetSide 2 beta... let's pick a faction!

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited July 2012 in Gaming
First, read the quick faction overviews on this page: http://www.planetside2.com/overview

From my time in Planetside 1, here was the breakdown:

1. Terrans use traditional weaponry, like grenades and flak cannons. Their ordinary infantry was pretty good, but their armored columns were incredible--fiercely hard-hitting (though slow to maneuver). This faction was very fun to play, because the weapons had a satisfying feel to them.

2. Vanu uses space-age weapon, like lasers and plasma cannons. Their MAX suits (heavy anti-vehicle/anti-air infantry) were exceptional, and their tanks were known for avoiding obstacles via hovering (the only faction that could shell from open water). Their tanks also fired in straight lines, making them excellent for bombardment from an elevated position. Probably the best all-'round faction, I spent the most time on the VS.

3. New Conglomerate ruled the roost with their light and medium infantry. Their armored and air support was good, but the weapons provided to NC were THE BEST, and it was a real joy when you could steal some from their corpses as another faction. I hated NC so much for their infantry's fucking scatterguns that I wanted to kill them at every opportunity, so I never spent much time in their boots.

I will be playing Vanu Sovereignty, and I hope you all join me. :) If IC wills it, I'm totally up for a change, too. Let's hash it out, duders.

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Vanu sounds nice, and the beta is open or is it a sign up and you might get picked? I signed up, but didn't read any details.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Signup, might get picked. People with priority beta access key get first dibs, the rest are drawn by some sort of raffle system.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Vanu sounds like a good middle ground. While I am excited to build my soldier and it looks like the weapons are upgradable to your needs... I am also excited to read about #outfits

-Digi
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I'm going to be mainly playing Terran but I'll play Vanu when IC players are on.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I played Vanu in PS1, don't particularly care where I go in PS2. Though I will say, VS's colors are the best.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    They all definitely have their plus points and all sound fun and interesting to play. I guess it basically comes down to wanting to be awesome with a few things and working together to make up for the few areas lacking of the Terran and NC or go with Vanu, which seem to be good all-around. I really like the idea of all three...so I guess in short I'm pretty much down for either, lol!
  • I would really love to sign up for the beta, but I can't seem to get into my account. Trying to reset my password errors out as well. Cool story.
    pragtastic
    edited July 2012
    @TiberiusLazarus I know I signed up for the beta once with priority beta and 4 more times on other emails. If I get access on more than one, I am willing to let everyone else take one of my emails. Priority Access was used on my main Sony Account, so I don't need to worry about hax or anything secure.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    What faction were the chicks with the knife in the trailer?
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Those were Vanu
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    If you're good at FPSs go with NC. They owned in ps1...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I'm Vanu on US East. Waiting for my boy @bobbydigi to get in the beta before I really start.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    @Thrax The day has come. Got my invite as I was driving to the LBC just now. Will start the install tonight.

-Digi

Those were Vanu

Then I will also be a sexy Vanu.

Doubt I'll end up in the beta. It took a long time for me to get over my hang-ups from PS1 (I disliked the game a lot more than anyone who never played it really ought have...), so I only signed up last week.

They have medics, right? :D

Still active? I played for about 30 mins total but this would be way better with people on voice chat
    I still haven't gotten a beta invite or else I'd probably jump in. If/when I do I'll def let you guys know.
    I just got mine, but it looked like they thought I was already a beta player and were giving me a key for a friend. I selfishly used it.
    Nice, still waiting on mine as well.
    midga said:

I still haven't gotten a beta invite or else I'd probably jump in. If/when I do I'll def let you guys know.

Sent

Dude, freaking sweet. Thanks @d3k0y!
    I got mine today, as with my first post I'm going to be maining Terran but I'm up for Vanu.
    You can be Terran, I'm going to be sexy.
    IlriyasRahnalH102
    Got junk in my Vanu trunk.
    So, how do I find y'all in-game?
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    Downloading now, can't wait to jump in tomorrow!
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    If anyone still needs a key I have one kicking around
    @MrTriot, if you wouldn't mind may I get that key from you?

And the FYI on the release date 20 November 2012...pretty sexy for T-giving and Xmas break :)
    I'd like to play, but I have no clue how to hook up with y'all in-game. If anyone wants to play this weekend, poke me on Steam.
    Planetside2 tonight or tomorrow? Give me a shout on when everyone can play I'll set up an event announcement.
    I'd be down for tonight, tomorrow will be busy.