New Computer time. What do you guys think of this one?

CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
edited August 2012 in Hardware
So I have a bunch of GCs to Best Buy from my birthday and I was looking around at the PCs they had there and I really liked this one. I know the graphics card is a bit light, but I have the 7850 that I won at EPIC to replace that, plus my SSD to use as the OS Drive. Is this one a good value for the price? Any help on finding something similar at a cheaper price would be helpful, but I do have about $200 in GCs to BB so that would help in the purchasing department.

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Looks decent for price range.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I'd upgrade the PSU, but otherwise it's basically fine.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Might want to wait for the windows 8 machines... although the upgrade isn't much.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    I wouldn't recommend Windows 8 for a desktop PC, unless Microsoft allows Metro to be disabled for non-touchscreen installations.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    GHoosdum said:

I wouldn't recommend Windows 8 for a desktop PC, unless Microsoft allows Metro to be disabled for non-touchscreen installations.

Not available in the retail version of Win8.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    Right, that's what I was referring to - I meant, when (if) MS reverses that decision and provides an OS update that re-enables the function to disable Metro UI, then 8 might be viable in a non-touchscreen PC.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    With enough will, it will be done. Someone will figure out how to turn it off.