primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited August 2012 in Internet & Media
This is an incredible read

Wind Waker texture analysis
midgaErrorNullTurnip

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    Wow. I knew the game looked really good, but I never realized how technically impressive it is. Good find!

--edit--

Check this out.
  • Great read. I'm a huge fan of the visual style in that game. It was so polarizing, I loved it though. It still looks amazing. Of the 3D games (because every true Zelda fan knows "A Link to the Past" is the finest in the series) Windwaker is my favorite. God I love Zelda, I wish I could find some time to play Skyward Sword.... Fucking adulthood! Never grow up kids!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Wind Waker was also my favorite Zelda ever. :D
    Cliff_Forster
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Seeing it broke down to those degree's kinda blew my mind.
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    Oh wow. I never really appreciated how amazingly beautiful this game was. I was so irked by the abrupt change in art style when it first came out that I never game it a full chance. Looking back though, it sure was a good game.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Fun fact about Windwaker, Link's eyes always look to the objective. No matter how you rotate him, his eyes will point towards where you're supposed to go next. This is the only Zelda game where you have an "objective marker" as far as I know; I haven't played Skyward Sword.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Wind Waker is and always has been fucking great. Deal with it you cell shading hating chumpbuckets.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Makes me think that all they are doing for the remake is just adjusting the lighting, and maybe smoothing some models.