Oktoberfest 2012 hotel planning

Comments

• DuniganDunigan Norfolk, VA Icrontian
    Damn...I love forts....
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    looks like @mertesn still has room

@Dunigan a date? this revenge gets sweeter every minute!
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Oh shizzam, pillow and cereal box forts! Fuck yeah!

@Tushon, it'd be lame, but if I don't have a date in my room I may look at you and @Fatcat about splittin a room 3-ways (insert completely appropriate dirty joke here) if you're both cool with it.
    o.O
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    relevant ... I wouldn't really care, but I you're on the roll away or floor with a air mattress. I like my bed.
    You just inadvertently chose our costumes for Oktoberfest! We're going with the overalls and I'm taking the Lenin glasses get up. I'll start workin on my mustache and beard ASAP.

I'm totally fine with a roll away, I wouldn't ask anyone to give up a bed. Unless she was a woman of the evening, they get no such luxuries.
    JBoogaloo said:

You just inadvertently chose our costumes for Oktoberfest! We're going with the overalls and I'm taking the Lenin glasses get up. I'll start workin on my mustache and beard ASAP.

I'm totally fine with a roll away, I wouldn't ask anyone to give up a bed. Unless she was a woman of the evening, they get no such luxuries.

Lullllllz. I like it.

Don't you talk about Kristen Stewart that way!
    JBoogaloo
    HA!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    @CB this is not walking distance to ICHQ Detroit, but it's MUCH closer driving distance than going 30 miles round trip to Warren and back. It's a nice hotel:

http://www.hotelstregisdetroit.com/
    And never mind. I just saw that they have no rooms available for those dates. Sorry :(
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

And never mind. I just saw that they have no rooms available for those dates. Sorry :(

wait what

Thrax said:

wait what

Hotel Regis Detroit has no rooms available during ICOK.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Oh, phew. Panic averted.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Just to be perfectly clear: Anyone is welcome to crash in the ICHQ basement. The only concerns are 1) it smells a bit like basement and 2) there may be a line for the shower. You'll want an air mattress.
    I'm just going to expound on that a bit and say that it's a tad more serious than "it smells a bit like basement". It is very high humidity, damp, and there is a fairly strong mildew scent in addition to quite a few crawlies. Absolutely, anybody can stay down there, and since we'll have been living there for nearly two months at that point, we will work hard to mitigate the worst of it. That said, it is significantly more "basementy" than the old ICHQ.

It's like Amnesia, the Dark Descent down there.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    Sounds like the attic would be a much better bunk spot if nodody wants mold death.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Brian, do we need to call and make reservations and just say Icrontic or are you arranging our names with them and then I can call and give CC info?

Thanks.
    I'll make the reservations in your name. The rooms will be billed you you individually at checkin.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Sounds good.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Ok, please let me/us know when this is done. I find it best if they have a CC number in case of late arrival so they don't give the room away.
  • SusurroSusurro Dubuque, IA Icrontian
    Have you reserved these rooms yet? If not and there is the possibility of hopping in, I'd take a room to myself for Friday and Saturday night.
    I have not. You have a room :) Just message me your full name and I'll make sure you're in
    I best be making my hotel reservations soon! Need to work out with those here that may want to ride along when I head out.
    Just a reminder: I will be using this spreadsheet to reserve rooms. Make sure your info is on there!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    GF & I are in for Friday and Saturday night.
    edited September 2012
    @JBoogaloo I'm gonna throw you in with @Tushon and I'll hook up with @mertesn if that's all cool beans since @Gargoyle is bringing his better half now :)
    Sounds good to me.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    fatcat said:

@JBoogaloo I'm gonna throw you in with @Tushon and I'll hook up with @mertesn if that's all cool beans since @Gargoyle is bringing his better half now :)

Works for me.
    JBoogaloo said:

Sounds good to me.

JBoogalooGargHumerusMeg