All video plays too fast, From Web-based videos to DVD's...

edited September 2012 in Hardware
OK, so I don't know what I did but all my video plays fast, web based video to any video I play on the computer. Whether on IE, Firefox, WMP, Winamp. The drivers are all up to date (I've read they are or can be the issue), Someone suggested to me I turn off hardware acceleration but when I try to do so, the button it's disabled. Is there anything else I can do to fix my video speed?

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Manually remove and reinstall latest video drivers. Post systen specs.
  • edited September 2012
    I removed and reinstalled the video drivers but no luck.
    My specs
    Gateway GT5692 Triple Core 2.1Ghz
    4GB Ram, 256MB Video (ATI Radeon HD 3200)
    Windows 7 (64bit)
  • I've been researching some more and I've been told to disable hardware acceleration. I don't know if that would work, but I can't do that anyhow because I can't get into the settings through Screen Resolution/Advanced Settings/Troubleshoot / Change Settings this change settings is disabled. I have installed a Catalyst Control Center which I've been told to change the settings there but I don't have a clue which is why I'm here.
  • I'm such a moron (hence the name). The speed issue is with all media whether web-based (flash videos like youtube, hulu etc..) up to mp3, wma, avi.. etc.. but here's the thing... I didn't have any speakers plugged in to the pc, as soon as I plugged in a pair of headphones the audio/video slows down to it's normal speed. If I unplug the headphones you can see the audio/video file speed up again faster than normal.

I still wonder why audio/video whether from internal files or streamed media speed up when no speakers/headphones are plugged in. The only reason I noticed the videos speeding up was because I just wanted to look at some tutorials on youtube and didn't have any speakers at the time, I don't care about the sound now (I mean it's a plus now that I figured out the issue).

I plug in the headphones, the audio/video is at normal speed 1x
    I unplug the headphones, the audio/video speeds up to 2x

I have other older PC's which I haven't encountered that on, which I just think it's strange for a PC to act like that, unless it's just me and I did something wrong.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Um, does not sound like you did anything wrong, but I have never encountered that before.
  • allenpanallenpan ThunderBay, Ontario, CAnada Icrontian
    lol, never thought people will complain about their computer running "too fast"
  • Perhaps uninstall and reinstall your audio card drivers then?