720p webcam will only let me capture/stream video in 160x120

Revolution_SoupRevolution_Soup Lost...
edited September 2012 in Hardware
All my graphics drivers are updated and the device is plug and play. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Just need a bit more info...
    What OS are you using? (Win 7 / Vista / XP)
    What is the make and model of the webcam?
    What software are you using to do the capture?
  • Oh but of course. How could I have been so dense.

Webcam: Rocketfish HD Lite
    Model #: RF-HDWEBLT

I have tried using multiple programs to capture/stream video. All of them limit my quality to 160x120. The webcam is discontinued according to rocketfish's website. "Drivers" are available for the webcam on the website. I installed said "drivers" and it turned out to be bundled recording software which also didn't meet my quality needs. Hope this additional info is sufficient.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi, @Revolution_Soup. Been a while :)
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Assuming you downloaded the .zip from here, there is what appears to be a driver only folder, but I don't have the camera and can't test that. If you install all of their software (probably try the setup file under webcam folder) and run it, does it actually capture 720p? Test here with a google account as well
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    Yeah. A lot of plug & play gear needs drivers for full functionality. They'll work at a base level just by plugging because they use a generic hardware ID, but getting all the features requires the full driver set.
  • Hey this is really strange, but I uninstalled and freshly reinstalled all software that came with the camera and now it seems to be functioning fine. I'm glad that it's working now, but I'm pretty confused since I had already tried this before. Thanks nonetheless.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi, @Revolution_Soup. Been a while :)

Right back at ya. Haven't been around in a long time. The site looks quite different these days. =]

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Excellent!