Corel Graphics Software Deals

Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own wayNaples, FL Icrontian
edited September 2012 in Science & Tech
Some folks swear by Adobe and only Adobe, and I use some of their software (Dreamweaver, the "Elements" packages) almost religiously.

For some things, though, I use Corel. Corel Draw Graphics Suite X6 I almost did not buy, until I found they have started to jump on the Subscription Software bandwagon. For those who are NOT students or teachers verifiably, and thusly eligible for Corel educational software (home and student versions are available for Corel Office, but for Corel Graphics Suite X6 I have not been able to find a home version).

To make a long story short, if you buy Corel Draw Graphics Suite on Corel's site, one of the buy options will be to buy a one-year subscription to the software (commercial use license for one computer)for $198.00 a year. The full price for the same software is over $425.00 plus ship as of last time I looked. Once you buy the software, you download it-- if you want a CD to backup your download, you can get one.

In about 25 minutes in Corel Draw X6, I did the WP site header graphic at my WordPress Blog and exported it "for the web". I have the original saved also, in a Corel proprietary format which lets me edit its layers. I can then export it for the web again as a revised graphic in future, which results in a high quality but quite small in size graphic. I use Corel Draw X6's "For the Web" exporting function to do this. I have not done any other projects in Corel Draw X6 other than this one. (I HAVE done projects in previous versions of Corel Draw, starting with version 4.0.)

I am not trying to SHILL Corel Draw Graphics Suite, but the subscription price is a steal if you legally want to use it commercially without paying full price for a hard copy (single major version)perpetual license. The subscription price is almost the same as the upgrade price, also.

Enjoy.