65% ABV

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
I'm thinking our Scottish contacts might need to hook us up!

http://www.brewmeister.co.uk/#/shop/4567737660/Brewmeister-Armageddon/3232040

-Digi
oni_delsWagsFTW

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Calling @basil. Come to Expo next year and hook us up, thx.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    They ship to the US...
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    If only I had thought about this earlier, I could have gotten some of our West Coasters to be an intermediary for some Santana Champ for my wedding, since the vineyard doesn't ship to Ohio.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    This must arrive at an IC event. You know, for science!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    I can't see this tasting anything like a beer.
    GnomeQueen
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    According to the site, it retains some malty/hoppy/yeasty flavor. I imagine most of that will get totally blown away just by the sheer volumes of alcohol, but it doesn't make me want to try it any less.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    Ryder said:

I can't see this tasting anything like a beer.

Yeah.
  • I kinda want to make a boilermaker with it, and you know, an actual beer.
    pigflipper
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    mertesn said:

They ship to the US...

(Quit it, that was my thinly veiled ploy to get that guy stateside for an IC event!)

GnomeQueen
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Last time I tried something that proof'd was Caribou Lou night. We still tell stories about Caribou Lou night.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I also have many stories of Caribou Lou night. Talk about something that should NEVER happen at an IC event.
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    the reason why its % is so high is because the whole brewing process takes place at 0C/32F, and once the water freeze the remove it, leaving alcohol and malt.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited November 2012
    It's apparently launching on Monday up the coast in Inverness.
    Given the 'brewmeister' brewery behind it seem kind of a shambles it's not something I'll be trying (even with north Scotland's record with 60% booze).

Another Aberdonian brewery—Brewdog—make a ton of quality high strength beer; you could totally get Tokyo (18%), Tactical Nuclear Penguin (32%) or Sink the Bismarck (41%) for Expo.
    They also did a 55% one The End of History which was packaged in roadkill (but that was only a 12 bottle run).

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Also, if they make it this year and it is available over there I can recommend "There is no Santa" by Brewdog. It Christmas spirit in a bottle. Seriously, it tastes just like Christmas.