Wilderzone Wednesdays Official Thread (Tribes Ascend)

2»

Comments

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited January 2013
    Good plan. I better check for any updates now.

Edit: Just checked, I didn't need to update. I did see something that potentially means a PTR though.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Announcement posted to all interested there's been a big update so I'd suggest get it out of the way now so the good times can roll later.

And remember it's not if you win or lose it's how bloody fast you were going at the time!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I'm likely in for tonight. DEAL WITH IT NERDS
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

(In, just message me on steam to remind me)
    I've had something come up. I can't be on late tonight, but if we play around 5:30 PST, I'll have an hour I can get in.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited January 2013
    I wanna go fast. I also have but an hour to give. See y'all at 5:30 PST.

Also, I definitely prefer 7pm PST start times, but I'm cool with accommodating THQLynxie. I expect it to go something like this...

Gotta pone fast!
    colaUPSLynx
    Alright 8:30pm EST it is!
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I find it funny, all throughout the matches, hating on Technicians within reason, and all I think is "I wish I was the technician they're raging on." cause my runs as Tech rarely go as you say.

Of course I may just be horrible at it the game in general.
    It was a small turnout and short-lived, but it was quite fun. Let's do this again next week!

Also, today's pro-tip:
    at any time, you can press the [K] key to fully re-fill your shield and ammo, instantaneously. Unlimited use. @Ilriyas found it to be quite handy while he was camping the enemy flag.

UPSLynxIlriyasBasil
    I STILL can't believe @ilriyas fell for that!

Also, @cola, tell me how you feel about Technicians.
    Ilriyascola
    I fell for it because it's been a long time since I played so I forgot that K was the suicide key and @Bandrik uses the same sarcastic tone for calling out the suicide key as he does game tips. Spur of the moment I legitimately thought he was just mocking the tip system again.
    Bandrik
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    My loathing knows no bounds.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2013
    My first Accolade. I had people cussing me out because I was HoF with a Titan. :-) Who needs to go fast when you have body block and a Titan Launcher. I pitched a shutout on that game so I was pretty happy.
    Also it's taking forever to get to Level 10. I played two hours today and I only managed to go from 8->9 when I was already 75% of the way to 9 already.
    Reminder to all that tomorrow (today?) is Wilderzone Wednesday! Get on in here tonight, bitches. It's time to go fast!

Unless your name rhymes with Poopiest Drinks. Because then you're just going slow. Being with Sega is not a substitute. Deal with it.
    I may be rather late tonight. I definitely won't make it on time, but if things go well I should get in mid swing.
    edited February 2013
    Just so everyone knows, Vent is no more. We need to use Mumble instead for now on. Thanks to @Thrax, we have an easy-to-follow guide to get up and mic-spamming ASAP.

VGTG.
    So is this happening?
    Soooo... where was @Ilriyas? No-show to his own game event? Going so slow, he's traveling in reverse!

Basil
    I fell asleep
    midga
    It's WILDERZONE WEDNESDAY! Let's get this party started, T MINUS THREE HOURS AND COUNTING!!!

PREPARE FOR DEPLOYMENT!
    We had a good turnout today. You've done me proud, boys.
    buggering steam broke my Tribes install so I missed out on all the fast.

Loved the turnout though, think we might finally be getting up to original server population again.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I'd like to propose Starsiege Sunday; this is a selfish suggestion that would allow me to play. It's also in recognition of the fact that no smart person commits to doing anything useful on a Sunday night that would interfere with the more important task of going fast.
    Thrax said:

I'd like to propose Starsiege Sunday; this is a selfish suggestion that would allow me to play. It's also in recognition of the fact that no smart person commits to doing anything useful on a Sunday night that would interfere with the more important task of going fast.

I support this 100%. I don't have much going on Sunday evenings myself and Tribes more than once a week would be pretty awesome.

• PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    I like it. Even when I'm onsite they bring me home for the weekends so I wouldn't have to miss out on it.
    Yeah, Thrax and I were discussing an alternative Tribes night. Starsiege Sunday was born. And yes, I too would totally be down for tribes twice a week.
    I'll keep playing Wednesdays, but unless you guys are going real late, Sunday nights are reserved for my long drive back home from @momofrose place. I'm almost always unavailable on weekends.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Mk mini-necro, but I figured this would be the easiest place to find/coordinate info. Need to know what kind of game of tribes will work in a tournament structure, team size, etc.
    Capture the Flag would work really well but considering the time constraint Blitz mode would work better (Flag jumps after every cap to make camping more difficult.)

If I can find out how to make a poll I'll set one up for the map (or map rotation)