Exporting one excel sheet into multiple, based on rows, possible?

Is there a way to export a single excel file into multiple files, based on what information is in the column. For example: In column A i have 5 different companies, company A is from row 1-15, company B is 15-37, company C is 37-100.... etc. So i want to extract all rows that contain company A into one file, all rows that have company B on another, and so on. I have ablebits add on in excel but it does not seem to have that functionality.

Comments

• SignalSignal Icrontian
    You could do it with dynamic cell references in a separate sheet, but it would have to be in the same workbook.

^this is with plain excel functionality, I don't know anything about ablebits add-on.
  • What about pivot tables that reference a particular workbook? I've done that for referencing sales by agent, pulling data from one workbook into another with separate sheets for each agent.
  • If you are willing to learn a bit of VBA and/or do the proper Googling you can create a simple xlsm that does exactly what you want. If I wasn't tied up this morning I'd make a script for you, maybe a bit later :D
  • I am currently at work and did some googling but was not able to find much. I know very little with dynamic cell references and pivot tables. I wasn't sure if someone knew of a program that you could say where to designate the split in the file, like what triggers it.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    If you only have a one time use case, couldn't you just copy and paste the data to a new spreadsheet? Otherwise, we can look at pointing you to resources others have referenced.
  • That is what was done, it was a excel file with 6000 rows 7 companies. Ended up doing that, copying the rows and pasting them to a new spreadsheet and saving. If it could be automated, it would be nice.
  • Pivot Tables do that for you. I'd be glad to help you learn how.
  • i would hate to use your time trying to teach me something, i can look it up. Unless it is fairly quick and easy instructions..
  • Depends on your version of Excel. Anything before '07 is a bit difficult to find on your own, but Googling can help. It's no trouble. I can usually do PT in my sleep.
  • its excel 10'. Well if that is really the case then please. I was unable to understand it from googling it.
  • Sent you a PM