Free Samsung Galaxy S3 today only @ T-Mobile stores

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
For existing classic and value plan customers. Supposedly, you can get this online too but the website has been crushed by people getting this, and it's been down since yesterday (my.tmobile.com section).

Anyways, we went into a store today and Nicole got a SGS3 for free (well, $300 at the store, and then there's a rebate).

Good deal for existing T-Mo customers.

Comments

• DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian
    I got an S3 about a week ago, Love the phone!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    But for individual users, it's actually cheaper over two years to buy the Nexus 4 and take the $20/mo. no-contract discount unique to T-Mo.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    Went ahead and picked up this deal; was also able to negotiate the $20/mo discount in addition to the free Galaxy S3 since I've been with T-Mobile for over 10 years now. :)
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    For the new SIII users, if you prefer the regular google calendar app it is now downloadable from google play. I still prefer it to the Samsung calendar app.
  • DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian
    edited November 2012
    Zanthian said:

For the new SIII users, if you prefer the regular google calendar app it is now downloadable from google play. I still prefer it to the Samsung calendar app.

As far as I can tell, the onboard calendar still syncs to whatever gmail account you link to the phone. Or do you just mean people who want to use the google version?

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    There are large graphical differences between the apps, and I just prefer the google version of the app. They are both functional though.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    Zanthian said:

Oh man that's good news. My Note 2 should finally get here next week, and Samsung's replacement of the calendar app was the biggest negative for me that I read in reviews. I use Maps and Calendar all day, everything else is bonus.