Any other Brighthouse users dealing with borked WiFi?

Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian ScoundrelIndianapolis, IN Icrontian
My WiFi keeps cutting in and out, from what I have seen it's only Brighthouse users, any clue what's going on?

Comments

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I have not had any issues with my WiFi. I am in Seminole County just north of Orlando.
  • Which modem?
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    Don't know the modem model, but from what CrazyJoe said (and word from some friends) it seems to just be the Midwest area, I toggle My WiFi setting on my laptop and it works again, but I just wanted to see if it was bugging for anyone else.
  • Reason I ask is because this exact set of symptoms can be and is known to be caused by buggy firmware on certain modems. (Just ask any technically inclined user what they think of the forced WiFi, buggy DHCP and broken NAT on WOW's UltraTV... probably be a few hours before they get through the swear words though.) Firmware updates tend to be pushed region-wide, so it seems the most likely culprit. Unfortunately, the only way to get a different firmware version is to either wait for them to fix it - if they bother to - or to raise hell with support till they individually provision working firmware.