Issue with GPU folding

pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
Starting yesterday, my 5850 will not fold. It keeps saying that it is updating the core and/or "ready to fold" but nothing happens. Any ideas on how to get it back to folding?

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    using v7 client?
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    Yes, using v7 client, here is the info from log:

19:14:45:WU00:FS00:Downloading core from http://www.stanford.edu/~pande/Win32/AMD64/ATI/R600/Core_15.fah
    19:14:45:WU00:FS00:Connecting to www.stanford.edu:80
    19:14:45:ERROR:WU00:FS00:Exception: Failed to access core package.
    19:15:35:Server connection id=2 on 0.0.0.0:36330 from 127.0.0.1
    19:15:41:Server connection id=2 ended
    19:16:22:WU00:FS00:Downloading core from http://www.stanford.edu/~pande/Win32/AMD64/ATI/R600/Core_15.fah
    19:16:22:WU00:FS00:Connecting to www.stanford.edu:80
    19:16:22:ERROR:WU00:FS00:Exception: Failed to access core package.
    19:18:25:Server connection id=3 on 0.0.0.0:36330 from 127.0.0.1
    19:18:26:Server connection id=3 ended
    19:18:59:WU00:FS00:Downloading core from http://www.stanford.edu/~pande/Win32/AMD64/ATI/R600/Core_15.fah
    19:18:59:WU00:FS00:Connecting to www.stanford.edu:80
    19:19:00:ERROR:WU00:FS00:Exception: Failed to access core package.
    Hmm, that link appears to be dead and I don't see another place to download the core. Someone else who uses that core could upload it to mediafire/dropbox/etc, but until pande either releases an updated URL to your client or fixes the dead end on that link, you might be out of luck :/
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Can the WU be wiped? Core number to use with WU is in WU, Client grabs what core to use from there.
    The issue appears to be that the core needed isn't able to be downloaded, so wiping the WU "shouldn't" fix the problem because the core isn't available on their side.
    Fun, there goes 4-6 results a day and 7-10k in points
    Tushon said:

The issue appears to be that the core needed isn't able to be downloaded, so wiping the WU "shouldn't" fix the problem because the core isn't available on their side.

Well, different WUs use different cores, so luck of draw DOES apply, but it is a chance to get through weekend with some points accumulated.

Sure, but his card uses one core exclusively for all WUs.
    Then why was it folding before but downloading a core now?
    Who knows. Maybe core needed to be updated, was sent that notice by Pande but something screwed up on their end. Right now, it looks like 16 is the latest R600 (AMD graphics card) core but that isn't what his log is pointing towards.
    edited December 2012
    True, but old cores are kept, and not deleted. So, if wiping WU gets him a WU that uses a core the Client has already, his card can fold until Pandlabs or whoever at ancillary facility fixes problem.
    Ok, been gone all night (work, bday party after work) and still getting the same errors. What do I do to try and "reset" the WU/Core? Also, seems weird that my PPD has gone down in this time period for my SMP folding, could the client as a whole just be borked?
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2012
    This happened to me about a month ago. I followed a thread at the F@H community and they instructed someone to uninstall the client completely and reinstall. It worked for me.

Just curious, are you using V7.1.52 or V7.2.9?
    Just did a complete reinstall after wiping out the previous install and all traces of it on my rig and...

FOLDING WORKS!
    It's just a random thing ...may not happen again or might happen tomorrow who knows. Glad to see you back in business.
    very odd. glad it's working again.
    Glad folding works for you again.
    Now that I have reinstalled, GPU folding is working just fine, but SMP folding is all but idle. ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    What CPU?
    Nevermind, removed the slot, restarted, added the slot again and its folding just fine.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    FYI that problem was due to the assignment servers giving out the wrong WUs to GPU clients that weekend. It started sometime on Friday and got resolved Sunday morning some time. You actually had an nvidia WU I bet so of course it would sit there. Deleting the slot and re-adding it was the proper fix. nV cards also had a similar problem that weekend.
    mmonnin said:

Good hearing from you Marc.