Steam analyzer. Find out how many games you own vs. played, dollar value, and more

2»

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    I glanced down through the games it said I haven't played, and even considering the data collection starting point there's things I know I've played at least an hour that it says I haven't. Numbers are also a little skewed since I left Hack. Slash. Loot. running for a full day or so. Regardless, neat tool.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Remember that Steam did not start tracking time played until a short while after TF2 was released.

Not that short. I put in more than 200 hours before it started clocking.
    My "analysis" is pretty misleading. It says I haven't played a third of my games even though they were mostly all free copies of games I played elsewhere, and it says I have "Red Orchestra 2" and I don't even know wtf that is.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    The game is currently on a free weekend, which means you "have" it by virtue of your account having access to the download.
  • Lincoln said:

Remember that Steam did not start tracking time played until a short while after TF2 was released.

Not that short. I put in more than 200 hours before it started clocking.
    Some searching revealed that it started in mid-March of 2009. Are you sure it only missed 200 hours?

Some searching revealed that it started in mid-March of 2009. Are you sure it only missed 200 hours?

The "more than" wasn't for nothing. :D Not really sure. Maybe 300? I'd have to add up my class hours again.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Username: UPSLynx
    Games Owned: 163
    Games Played: 52
    Games Never Played: 111
    Percentage Played: 31.90 %
    Total Hours: 587.20
    Current Total: $2528.5

Not the most accurate stats, since we know the hours are off. Plus, it shows me having played lots of Rune classic - I've never played that game in my life.

I know Skyrim can't be my #2 most played steam game. It's definitely up there, but I dunno.

Money is inaccurate too. It's showing mods like Riccochet, CS, Condition Zero, DoD and others that now cost on steam, but I've had for years for free. Also, I have access to the THQ library because of work, and the analyzer assumes I paid for all of them.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    @UPSLynx Didn't you play Rune with the rest of us at Expo?
    primesuspect
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I don't recall playing that, and even if we did, I definitely didn't play it for 15 hours.
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited December 2012
    RootWyrm plays a lot of games.

Natural Selection 2 701 Hours
    Natural Selection 2 701 Hours
    OH GOD.

Edit: Also, yes, the $ is complete BS. My Half-Life copy predates Steam by years. I am pretty damn sure I did not pay $9.99 the day it was released.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I made the title misleading. I don't think it claims to track money spent. I think it claims a sort of "dollar value" of your Steam library.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    It's easy to understand where the money estimates come from by reading the page with the money estimates on them.
    Game prices have been tracked since 12/13/2012
    Nothing's being misrepresented, and as such, the estimates aren't "bad."

I think it claims a sort of "dollar value" of your Steam library.

Bingo.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Username: {IC} mertesn
    Games Owned: 260
    Games Played: 53
    Games Never Played: 207
    Percentage Played: 20.38 %
    Total Hours: 1240.70

Current Total: $3454.69
    Minimum Total: $3264.92
    Maximum Total:$3541.67

What's interesting is Steam shows my library at 270 games, not 260.
  • I made the title misleading. I don't think it claims to track money spent. I think it claims a sort of "dollar value" of your Steam library.

Even that's iffy, just because.. well hells. Look at my Steam ID. Yes, it is legitimately 5 digits. Now in the crazy world of Steam-o-nomics(TM) that means my account is worth exponentially more since it's a 100% clean extremely low ID. (Look, don't ask me to explain it. Because it makes no sense to me either.)
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Eh, for kicks....

Games Owned: 47
    Games Played: 14
    Games Never Played: 33
    Percentage Played: 29.79 %
    Total Hours: 339.80

Most played: Left for Dead 2: 235hrs
    #2 (hehe, #2): Left for Dead original: 44hrs. What can I say, I love the rage quitters in those games :D
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    hehe, #2
  • Guess you have to have your profile set to Public to get full stats. No wonder it said I had played 0% of my library. Derp.

Username: {IC} ardichoke
    Games Owned: 92
    Games Played: 52
    Games Never Played: 40
    Percentage Played: 56.52 %
    Total Hours: 561.40
    Current Total: $1352.05
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    Username: {IC} Error: Null Turnip
    Games Owned: 61
    Games Played: 56
    Games Never Played: 5
    Percentage Played: 91.80 %
    Total Hours: 2559.00

I guess that makes me 2nd in percent played behind RahnalH102.

Also, I'm curious if this could be used somehow to determine how long one can expect to play a game. For a large set of users, find the average hours played for a specific game and average that out?
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

@ErrorNullTurnip said:
    Also, I'm curious if this could be used somehow to determine how long one can expect to play a game. For a large set of users, find the average hours played for a specific game and average that out?

Probably, but I usually use: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/