internet keep disconecting and flickering in Windows 7

My pc with windows 7, keeps flickering and disconnecting and back to normal without any particular reason. What is wrong?

Comments

• Thanks for your help
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    It could be a lot of things. It could be a bad network cable, it could be your router, it could be your network card, it could be a driver issue.

One thing you didn't say is whether this is wired or wireless? If wireless, it could be a whole host of different issues.

The first thing I would do is update your network drivers. Then tell us whether this is wired or wireless.

Also: Do you have more than one computer on this router? Is the internet intermittent on all of them or just one?

Need more info :D
  • Thank you very much, my network is wireless and it has only two computers and the issue only happens on this computer that has Windows 7 installed on it, my other PC has Windows XP pack 3 and it works just fine.
    I really appreciate your comment on this.
    Okay. Update your wireless card drivers first.
  • Oh, I forgot to mention that this PC was having too many issues with Windows 7 so we decided to do a clean and new installation and it is working better now but we are still having this issue with the Internet
    Okay, I still want you to make sure you've got the latest drivers from the manufacturer (NOT the default drivers that come with Windows 7).

What kind of Wi-fi card do you have and what version of Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit?)