Icrontic at CES 2013

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
edited January 2013 in Science & Tech

Comments

• GargJohnathan Rush Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    I wanna hear your impressions of new convertible laptops, like the Thinkpad Helix.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    Co-worker got the Lenovo Yoga. It's pretty rad. So there's that.

Please info on the so-called "pro monitors."
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    We're meeting with Lenovo on Thursday. Will make sure to get some hands-on time with the tablets.

@BuddyJ, got anything specific you want Binh and I to look at? Or just professional level displays in general?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Find me affordable 16:10 panels. If someone starts to say "2560x14..." I want you to slap them until they cry and apologize.
    RahnalH102
    edited January 2013
    Thrax said:

Find me affordable 16:10 panels. If someone starts to say "2560x14..." I want you to slap them until they cry and apologize.

I feel your ragepain. 16:9 can go DIAF.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    NERDS. I really hope the standard for high quality resolutions is bumped up, because 1920x1080 is soooo early 2000's. When TV's start catching up to monitors, you know there is a problem.
  • GargJohnathan Rush Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    Apparently they've got Oculus Rift there. Like to hear your impressions on the future.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited January 2013
    I would like a report on this piece of technological insanity:

"Why is mom stealing that kid's TV?? Oh, silly me, that's their new tablet and she's getting a phone call! Of course."
    AnnesRahnalH102Garg
    edited January 2013
    Lincoln said:

I would like a report on this piece of technological insanity:

"Why is mom stealing that kid's TV?? Oh, silly me, that's their new tablet and she's getting a phone call! Of course."

It's the new Samsung Universe TablePhonTV. You're looking at the smallest entry, a 32-inch full HD model sporting 4G LTE. It weighs less than 23 pounds and is extremely portable thanks to the comfy preinstalled backpack straps. Battery life will never be an issue either. Battery life is said to be around one hour of talk time, 30 minutes of web surfing, and two hours in standby mode. There are also 42- and 60-inch models available.
    AnnesThraxRahnalH102Garg
    Gargoyle said:

Apparently they've got Oculus Rift there. Like to hear your impressions on the future.

I'm meeting with them on Thursday. And yes, I am excite.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2013
    It'll fail, just like every other unique peripheral that requires an API, SDK and dev support. I challenge you to find one still in existence.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    (Kinect)
    mertesn
    edited January 2013
    Gargoyle said:

The verdict is in: HOLY SHIT IT'S AWESOME!

Edit: I'll go into more detail soon.
    Garg
  • Cooler Master. Keyboards. They has them. Go talk to Carter preeze?
    I'll see if I can catch up with them, but most vendors are doing a disappearing act tonight.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Sharp 8K TV looks amazing but somehow Samsung sucked me in with their 4K 110 inch.