4-head ATI FirePro 2460

midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi(> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
edited February 2013 in Hardware
I am at a location with an xp machine with an old ATI FirePro 2460 with four dvi connections coming out the back of it. They would like me to hook a third monitor to it, preferably without rebooting the computer as it's running some pipeline monitoring HMI stuff on it. Can if necessary, though. I just need to know if there's anything special I need to do to make it detect the display, or if the fact that it isn't seeing it is indicative of other issues. I haven't googled yet as I'm on my phone for all Internet stuff, but if no one has time I'll do that this afternoon.

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    4 DVI or 4 mini-DP? You will probably have to use some active dongle to run more than 3 displays if converting to DVI
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Paging @UPSLynx.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    A reboot shouldn't be needed if you're just adding a third display.

I'm going to assume, based on this page, that you meant four DisplayPort ports. You'll need an active DVI converter if you're already converting two of those ports to something other than DisplayPort.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    The connector off the back is DVI, but I didn't check to see what that was going into. When Iget back to that building I'll check into it.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Okay, it looks like mini-dp to dvi adapters out the back. I think I can take it from here. Thanks :)