Any good ?

JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass...Alexandria, VA Icrontian
Screw google for right now, you guys are my google on this.

So I found these minis of Early Times Whisky from 1972. The content itself is 44yrs old and I have 10 of the 12. I would like to give one a shot, but because I know absolutely shit about old whisky I turn to you classy mofos. Would these be any good after that long, stay the same (I vaguely remember a discussion about whisky not really aging after it's bottled), or junk? Thanks for the input!
Here's a pic of one:
Photobucket

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Dump them all into a bucket and chug it.
    JBoogaloo
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I don't see why it wouldn't be. No harm in trying a little bit.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Is that a plastic cap? As long as the liquid is not cloudy, it should be good. Taste might not be optimal due to oxidants, but it should most definitely be drinkable since it's unopened.

In general, the more of the bottle you drink, the sooner you should finish it. Between half and one-third full the loss in taste and character rapidly accelerates.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Jokke said:

Is that a plastic cap? As long as the liquid is not cloudy, it should be good. Taste might not be optimal due to oxidants, but it should most definitely be drinkable since it's unopened.

In general, the more of the bottle you drink, the sooner you should finish it. Between half and one-third full the loss in taste and character rapidly accelerates.

Oh, I guess that means I have a few bottles I should chug. Darn.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Jokke said:

Source for second statement? Whiskey decanters are extremely popular and are less sealed than the plastic cap would be, I'm guessing.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    While the whisky isn't aging in the bottle, it's probably still fine if air hasn't gotten to it. I just cracked a similar bottle of Black & White that was found, which tasted just fine to me (and probably a lot like it did when it was bottled).
    JBoogaloo