Where to buy a digital camera with...

morfeumorfeu Lisbon, Portugal
edited February 2004 in Internet & Media
Wich can send it to Europe?

You guys know some nice and relliable sites where i can buy a digital camera who sends it to Europe, i wish to see US prices and compare to EU ones...

Thanks.

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Well, easiest way is to convert local to US and see rate at time you want to buy. BUT, US sites have lots of costs to ship overseas, so most do not do this. I do not know of any US sites that ship to Portugal, sorry, and import fees (Portugese) and shipping would add a lot to price you would actually pay. Only way I know is to work through someone who can ship it to you and buy in US, and I do not do that to Portugal-- sorry. Were I to do so, I would have to pay to ship insured via DHL or UPS international shipping, adn that would either be very slow or very expensive. Shipping from US overseas is based on distance and what costs the shipper has to legally do this across borders of countries.

Frankly would look in Germany for optical stuff, cameras from Germany might be one heck of a lot cheaper than from US once you paid for shipping. Some of the best optics are German engineered. Cameras are only as good as thier lenses and their electronics.

Sorry, unfortunately that is reality. But, if you want USD spot prices before shipping, look on http://www.pricegrabber.com/ by model number and maker for what you are seriously considering.
  • ishiiiishiii Cold lake, AB, CA
    edited February 2004
    This site does not sell cameras. But it may be helpful for you to pick one to buy
    http://www.dpreview.com/
  • morfeumorfeu Lisbon, Portugal
    edited February 2004
    Ageek wrote:
    Well, easiest way is to convert local to US and see rate at time you want to buy. BUT, US sites have lots of costs to ship overseas, so most do not do this. I do not know of any US sites that ship to Portugal, sorry, and import fees (Portugese) and shipping would add a lot to price you would actually pay. Only way I know is to work through someone who can ship it to you and buy in US, and I do not do that to Portugal-- sorry. Were I to do so, I would have to pay to ship insured via DHL or UPS international shipping, adn that would either be very slow or very expensive. Shipping from US overseas is based on distance and what costs the shipper has to legally do this across borders of countries.

Frankly would look in Germany for optical stuff, cameras from Germany might be one heck of a lot cheaper than from US once you paid for shipping. Some of the best optics are German engineered. Cameras are only as good as thier lenses and their electronics.

Sorry, unfortunately that is reality. But, if you want USD spot prices before shipping, look on http://www.pricegrabber.com/ by model number and maker for what you are seriously considering.

I've a friend who lives in Boston and he could do that, and i'll check with him, thx for the tip. :)
    edited February 2004
    ishiii wrote:
    This site does not sell cameras. But it may be helpful for you to pick one to buy
    http://www.dpreview.com/

yes m8, i knew that one and i have a few more where i see a few reviews, like www.steves-digicams.com and www.imaging-resource.com . :)
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    morfeu,
    Just remember, if you have someone (friend) ship you one make sure that they unpack it take it out of the plastic bags. Then they can mark it personal and used. This should help the import issues.
    edited February 2004
    edcentric wrote:
    morfeu,
    Just remember, if you have someone (friend) ship you one make sure that they unpack it take it out of the plastic bags. Then they can mark it personal and used. This should help the import issues.

Thx for the tip :)