Disney Infinity now available for pre-order

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited March 2013 in Gaming
Don't call it Skylanders...

You can now pre-order the Disney Infinity starter pack on Amazon. The game launches in August of 2013.

Comments

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    We've had to skip through any trailers for it when we watch new Disney DVDs because my 5-year-old would go nuts if he saw it.

We'll tell him about it about 3 days before launch. Maybe not before we've got it in the house, even.
    RahnalH102
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Did anyone pick this up?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Not 3 years after release. Disney is stopping production and shutting down the studio that developed Infinity. RockPaperShotgun Source.

-Digi

• Disney Infinity was garbage. My daughter had it for Wii U and found it to be frustrating to play. Everything about the concept is about making money vs. providing a rich gaming experience. That's a couple hundred bucks I'd love to get back. It was so well advertised, she was so excited for it, and it totally let her down.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Infinity was (is) awesome. It's just a very, very different experience than what most people expected based on what they knew about Skylanders. Infinity shined with the creative stuff, and let's be honest - if you're a Disney buff of any kind, it's such a goddam great experience. I know I'm a little atypical with how in love I am with Disney and animation, but I spent hours in Infinity just screwing around with the creative challenges, unlocking all the little notes and bits from the Disney Vault. I love it. I do agree as a grown up gamer, the "game" part of Infinity left a little to be desired, but I had so much fun just living in this massive world of Disney that I didn't mind it.

The real shame here is that Infinity 3.0 is the version that finally got it ALL right. 3.0 is stellar, but a lot of the game-focused players gave up on Infinity after 1 and 2.0. Really shocked that they didn't give 3.0 more of a chance.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

I've played a lot more of 3.0 than ever with 1 or 2. I loved being able to gather familiar characters rather than just ones that only exist within the game world like Skylanders (that being said, we have a metric booty-ton of both).

If 1 played like 3.0, it would be a whole different ballgame. I think they just tried too hard to get the first product out the door, which almost never turns out well.

• @UPSLynx - If there is a Pixar fan competitive with you, it's Zoe. Kid adores that stuff, and when she played Infinity and found it to be this broken, confusing, disjointed mess centered more around getting her Dad to purchase more content than offering a rich experience, she gave up on it in just a few weeks. We have no experience with 2.0 or 3.0 because we were so disillusioned by the initial release that we were not willing to give it another chance. A very bad gaming investment, I probably spent $200 one Christmas to really load her up, a bunch of toys, the little power up disks, a folder and base to hold it all, they made a killing on Dad's like me because the advertising made it look like a literal game changer, the ultimate experience for the Disney fan, and I'm sorry.... You can't defend it, it was a bad game. It would glitch and crash, toys and power ups would not register, getting a Co Op game going took an act of congress... What a mess. But hey, toys with no movement on my shelf?? It looked kinda fun if you didn't know any better.