Battlefield 4 & Icrontic Community

CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
So, have we all seen the 17 minute Battlefield 4 gameplay video? It looks great to me, but then I only played BF3 on XBox. OK, the single player seems to be moving towards COD, but it's always been about multiplayer for me.

I was wondering whether there will be much interest from the Icrontic community? I don't have any friends who play BF and I'm crap with a pad so I didn't enjoy it on XBox. Maybe I can join in with some of the Icrontic guys if there's interest.

Saying that, I keep saying I'm going to get into TF2 but I'm yet to make the jump...

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Looks like Battlefield 3. Not that that's a bad thing. But I already have Battlefield 3.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Battlefield 3 didn't do well here. At the peak we had maybe only 10 dedicated players. This is just not really a Battlefield community, I guess.
  • Battlefield 3 didn't do well here. At the peak we had maybe only 10 dedicated players. This is just not really a Battlefield community, I guess.

Neither awesomesauce or lulz

Only sadface.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I think we had two issues: people staggered in so we rarely had enough for even one team online and we never reached a critical mass of players to have people interested constantly, leading to quick burnout from constantly playing solo. The times when we had squads go into other servers and cooperate, I remember sweet victories following.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I'm still waiting for a continuation to the 2142 series. I'm done with modern shooters, they started making them because people were getting tired of the WWII setting. (Everyone is/was making one) but to be honest it's gotten to the point where I wouldn't mind a new WWII based FPS.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    I''l be getting BF4... I love BF3 just do not have a ton of time to put into it.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    Like I can say no to the Battlefield series.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    BF4? Nahh...

Planetside 2 is where the fun is at
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    I still play BF3 all the time, wish there were more IC peeps playing, but it is still an amazing game.

BF4...well...just take my money already, damnit.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I think TF2 has spoiled me. Being able to play all the maps available with my friends and not needing to buy expansion content is a pretty big deal to me. I can not pay TF2 for weeks/months/years and still be able to play any of the content that is available.
    mertesnJBoogaloo
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    QCH said:

I''l be getting BF4... I love BF3 just do not have a ton of time to put into it.

Ditto...of course I'll put in a couple of hours and then BAM, back to other things that have taken up the majority of my time. Sadly, this will probably end up being part of my game backlog.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    BF3 is a great game with unfortunate barriers. Origin blows, and it was even worse when BF3 launched. It kept many from even getting into the game. And don't get me started on Battlelog, omfg.

Also, the hardware requirements were a barrier for many as well. The game didn't run to well on laptops. It's one of the reasons TF2 has done so well - it runs on everything.

I miss playing BF3, the times we were all on were brilliant. Just one of those things.
  • Baddlelog destroyed most of the enjoyment I might have gotten from BF3. I will wait and see how BF4 functions, but I imagine it will use the same or a similar system.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I have the game and can apparently run it rather decently. Only reason I don't is because I'm not sure how active the ICBF3 community is (Or is willing to be) and BF2 will always have a place in my heart.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    I've heard good things about Planetside 2. And it's free to play? Guess I'll have to get into TF2, you guys still play that right?
    We play TF2 all the time :D
    edited March 2013
    I know, I was hoping it was Thursday night TF2, but the only person playing is Lincoln and I have a different version of the game so I couldn't join him. I played a while on a random UK server. I haven't got a clue what's going on - how the hell do I pick up the Australium? Lol I'll have to have a look at some guides...
  • All you have to do is join us on Tuesday evenings! The rest will come naturally. Wear your favorite hat.

On that note, I'm probably in for Bf4 when it comes out if the reviews are decent. I had a blast with Bf3.
    Ah Tuesday, not Thursday. Doh. What time as I'm in the UK so it's late for me.
  • 3am every Tuesday =\ (10pm EST)
    Perhaps I will book a Wednesday holiday one time then ha ha
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

I've heard good things about Planetside 2.

hmm mmmm yeah hmmmmmmmmmm

UPSLynx
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    IC BF3 group has 43 members.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I think the biggest problem with BF3 was simply how hard it was to form squads with other IC players and keep those squads together between matches. On top of that, in game voice communication was actively trying to be shit and left us to make groups in vent which didn't work well for coordinating between squads. Also differing schedules made it almost impossible to find times that a significant number of us could play at the same time.
    Maybe scheduling wouldn't be much of an issue if there could be a set day like TF2uesdays has. There'd be one less issue to worry about.
    There was a set day.
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited March 2013

There was a set day.

We even gave away copies of the game, no change in attendance.

We implemented teamspeak sync on our BF3 and teamspeak server now. Works great actually. It breaks you down by teams when not playing and then by squads when playing. But that plugin was being developed and not reliable when we were trying to get this off the ground.

I'm all for resurecting the BF3 community and getting some awesome points.
    edited March 2013
    Edit: Ah...yeah, I wasn't going for a "best idea" with that one, lol!:) I figured there may have been (from how I've seen you all get stuffs going, it would seem odd for IC to not).
    JBoogaloo said:

Maybe scheduling wouldn't be much of an issue if there could be a set day like TF2uesdays has. There'd be one less issue to worry about.

Perhaps start at 4:00pm Eastern time, which would be 10pm for me :nyah:
    JBoogaloo
    Sleep what? pfft! Set your alarm for 4am and start the day off right? ;D
    CyrixInstead