ERMEHGERD BEROSHERK INFERNERT- Bioshock Infinite! (Spoilers warning!)

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Also, what did you guys choose for Elizabeth's locket? Does it make a big difference? I went with the cage...
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited April 2013
    Bird - symbolizes the freedom I was attempting to attain for her at the time.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    I also went with the bird, but from what I've read, it doesn't really matter. It's another way for the Luteces to figure out if you're on the path they're thinking of-- same with the coin flipping (or at least, that's the theory).
    Oh, I WILL say that I agreed with the video on the fact that Elizabeth's voice doesn't change in terms of her standard sayings "Booker catch!" "Ammo!" etc--I was surprised after her experiences in Comstock house that she goes back to being as peppy as she was before. I would have expected those voice cues to change a bit.

Oh, I WILL say that I agreed with the video on the fact that Elizabeth's voice doesn't change in terms of her standard sayings "Booker catch!" "Ammo!" etc--I was surprised after her experiences in Comstock house that she goes back to being as peppy as she was before. I would have expected those voice cues to change a bit.

Yeah, same with lockpicking responses. That did bug me a little as well. Oh, videogames.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I chose the cage because I felt like I was expected to choose the bird.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! ...oh you saw this already? ...well damn.
    ErrorNullTurnip
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2013
    I chose the bird, the cage just seemed strange. As far as I know, it just affects a couple lines of dialog.

I also spared Slate, then killed him the next time I saw him.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I didn't want to kill Slate to honour his past as a soldier and his past with Dewitt, even if Dewitt and his idea thereof had changed.

It was only when I had seen what they had done to him at the precinct (I.E. Turn him into a vegetable) that I realized what Dewitt meant when he said that sparing him was no mercy at all.

May have been for his own good, Booker said it's what he had wanted in the beginning to die as a soldier but by then it was too late for that. I still don't know if the mercy kill at the precinct was truly mercy, pity, or some form of false closure for Dewitt/myself. Finishing the act more to feel proper about it his/myself than for any true act of mercy on the part of Slate.

Game makes you think, even if the changes don't impact the game world terribly they impact you
    Ilriyas said:

Game makes you think, even if the changes don't impact the game world terribly they impact you

That's a great point! On my first playthrough, I spared Slate, both times (I didn't realize you could kill him the second time), and the second time, I killed him. Both ultimately made me feel terrible, (especially the second one), even knowing what happens in the latter half of the game. I felt so terrible about doing it, even though I know that it's a game, and I also knew what would happen to him later on if I didn't.

I also felt terrible going through Comstock house, listening to Elizabeth get tortured. I knew, logically, that the game didn't have time based challenges, and that it actually wouldn't matter how long it took me to get through the house, but goddamn I wanted to get there ASAP. I felt terrible listening to her be in such pain.

Stupid Bioshock, getting all up in my feels.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited May 2013
    Repost cause Bioshack

Sends chills down my spine, bloody amazing piece imo.
    UPSLynxGnomeQueen
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    UPSLynxGnomeQueen
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Just finished this game.

Mind was appropriately blown. Shivers, etc.
    GnomeQueen
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    I still need to pick this up :/ Should have bought it when it was on sale during the Summer Sale.
    JBoogaloo
    DLC OMFGGGGGGGGG
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Started it day before yesterday, still not really drawn in. Only played for an hour or two, though, so I'm sure it'll pick up.
    Elizabeth's character and figuring out my own personal character were most of the draw for me.

The fighting was challenging (particularly fighting Lady Comstock) when you couldn't get enough resources, but other than that I mostly just wanted more story arc.
    GnomeQueenUPSLynx
    edited August 2013
    Snarkasm said:

Started it day before yesterday, still not really drawn in. Only played for an hour or two, though, so I'm sure it'll pick up.

Infinite story

it took me a long time to start to see the entire picture. I would say for 75% of the story I just wanted to kill Elizabeth
    GnomeQueenUPSLynx
    fatcat said:

Snarkasm said:

Infinite story

it took me a long time to start to see the entire picture. I would say for 75% of the story I just wanted to kill Elizabeth
    Agree.
    I loved Elizabeth the entire time, but the story arc bit is totally true. I wish that they'd spread it out a bit more over the length of the game, especially the absurd amount of revelations in the last ten minutes.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Hmm. Not sure how much interest I'll keep, then. Might take me a while.
    it's worth it. srsly.
    GnomeQueen
    UPSLynx said:

it's worth it. srsly.

QFT
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    No idea if this is spoiler or what... I just thought it was a cool shot of Elizabeth..

-Digi
    UPSLynx
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    It's her costume for Rapture.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    ** SPOILERS FOR BIOSHOCK AHEAD **

Prediction for BioShock DLC: Booker and Elizabeth in one of the multiverses that happens to be Rapture. Perhaps a Booker and Elizabeth that entered Rapture after escaping Columbia, but never left like the other timelines.
    Looks like someone got a boob job.
    edited August 2013
    Each Elizabeth has different size boobs