Replacements for my gaming machine

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited May 2013 in Hardware
I had a case fan and my power supply die on me. Just need a few recommendations for replacements. They are both what was in my Inspiron 530 when I bought it. No budget limitations but I also don't need anything special.

Power supply was a 350W. PS-6351-2

Fan was 3" x 3" (80mm). KD1209PTS2

Thanks in advance my friends.

Edit: I would also like to sneak in a few hundred GB SSD and some sata cables if possible to keep the buy in the $200 range.

-Digi

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to say this, but you might need to get a Power Supply from Dell. Back when Dell used 350 W PSUs they were custom.

PM me your address, I will send you an 80 mm fan with bare leads, runs on 12 volt. Will be quite quiet and is liquid bearing. I have about 50 of them.
    BobbyDigi
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    I've been very happy with samsungs 840 series. I have the 500 gb in my current system, but since your budget is ~200:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147189
    BobbyDigi
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Straight_Man for the fan.

As for the PSU, from my research it seems to be standard ATX mounting points and size (5.5 x 3 3/8 x 5 7/8). Most of the sizes I see on Newegg round those to decimals of an inch but I've found a few posts indicating that is indeed just them rounding up.

I don't know if the connectors across different power supplies are standard though. It referenced main power as 20+4. My Mother board connects to power with a 24 pin connector and a separate 4 pin. Is the 4 pin "4+4 Pin EPS 12V"?

My video card accepts a 6 pin. Am I correct that that is the PCI-E connection?

All other power connections are SATA (4 currently)

Found a recommendation for specifically this as a replacement for my PS-6351-2: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027

Any thoughts?

-Digi
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    I've got your power supply covered, it's an 80gold nzxt 500w. Just hit me back for shipping if you want it. It has all the plugs you need.
    BobbyDigiprimesuspectcolaTushon
    I.. I...

Man I love you guys.

-Digi
    primesuspectcolaTushonStraight_Man
    I'm pretty impressed with myself right now. I was able to install both parts despite their efforts to thwart me. Rewired the fan, flattened a few cable clips on the case to fit the PSU and got it all installed and here I am. It is by no means pretty, but I never imagined the inside of a storm trooper was.

Huge thanks again to @PirateNinja and @Straight_Man for the parts!

-Digi
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Well best of luck with the fan!

John.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    Pics Digi!