Pesticides in Tea

2»

Comments

• I use mine responsibly and create less waste / use less energy than most hot beverage systems that have paper filters, aren't efficiently heated, etc. I subscribe to consumer reports, and it is one of two single cup systems that 1) heats water efficiently and quickly 2) distributes equal amounts of water each time. I never have to waste water cleaning it. It was a gift to Melissa and I, and we like it. Here are the reusable cups we use for coffee: http://www.keurig.com/accessories/my-k-cup which also require virtually no cleaning and will practically never need replacing.
    Tea doesn't require any sort of cup or accessory.

You can be mad at the device, or you can be mad at people who use it wastefully. Or be mad at both. Or not be mad at all, don't burn things. Deep breaths.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    edited June 2013
    Well, okay, yeah, that was a bit hyperbolic :P

It isn't the device, it's the practice it encourages. I'll admit I didn't take the heating into account, though (by single cup methods I wasn't really talking about other similar systems).

I am curious, when I've come across them before, I didn't see a way to do tea without some sort of holder/strainer/filter thingy. You're saying you can just put the leaves straight in the -- oh, you're talking about teabags. Nevermind.

--edit--

I guess I should just make it a point to gift the little filter basket thingy and some decent coffee to people I know with them. Less rage, more productive.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited June 2013

I am curious, when I've come across them before, I didn't see a way to do tea without some sort of holder/strainer/filter thingy. You're saying you can just put the leaves straight in the -- oh, you're talking about teabags. Nevermind.
    No, I use raw tea that I put in a glass tea pot that has a filter in it, like the one I linked to in my first post. Here is a picture of a different one where you can see the internal filter better:
    http://www.tea-blossom.com/images/Marine glass teapot.jpg
    I'm just trying to give people with Keurigs (there are a lot of us) an easy option to make great tea.

And sorry for hyperbole.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    And only using the Keurig as the water heating element. Like in that post you first posted. The one I read and totally forgot the contents of thirty minutes later.

I need a vacation.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I have a Keurig, but I only use it to boil water if I want a single cup, otherwise I use my Kettle. It is nice that it boils water hella fast so if I want some tea or hot chocolate I can have some within a minute instead of 5-6 minutes for my electric stove to boil water.