IC Twitch.TV Links!

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Ilriyas said:

I started trying to stream but it was only giving audio not video, I added capture game and all that so I don't know what's going on.

If you're around tonight while I'm around, let's troubleshoot. I've got a party later in the evening though, so maybe tomorrow or someone else can assist.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    I need to learn to interact with my chat more. Had a couple of people stop in my stream and say some things, but I didn't notice until they left. Le' sigh
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    I'm pretty sure my PC just doesn't have the balls for it. Streaming slows the fps on my side down quite a bit; and by turning down the CPU usage on OBS, the stream stutters tremendously.

Time for hardware upgrades, I guess?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    You do need a decent CPU to make it happen fluidly.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Koreish said:

I need to learn to interact with my chat more. Had a couple of people stop in my stream and say some things, but I didn't notice until they left. Le' sigh

That is my biggest problem, I have probably had 100+ views throughout my streams, but I rarely ever see them and I forget to talk.
    The chat sidebar doesn't even work for me. Works for you guys? I just get a constant whirly circle.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I've had better luck using the "dashboard" screen to watch chat (not that I've had an issue with people watching.)
    Ah, no - it's flash, but didn't have anywhere to 'enable' it, so I had to blanket enable flash for *.twitch.tv and it seems to work now.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Koreish said:

Canti said:

Can you stream anything? Like, can I stream myself watching someone else stream? CAN I DRAW PICTURES ON THE SCREEN AND GIVE COMMENTARY AT THE SAME TIME!?

Well on Twitch.TV specifically at least 80% of your streamed content must be related to gaming; actual gaming. I know there are some broadcastors that stream sculptures and cooking, but they've said several times that they can only do it rarely unless they have direct permission from Twitch staff.

Any gaming, or only vidya?
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    DnD has been cropping up and I know that Magic the Gathering has streamed tournaments at times, chess was super popular for a brief instant. I've yet to see any board games or table top games such as Warhammer.
    midga
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    midga
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Koreish said:

DnD has been cropping up and I know that Magic the Gathering has streamed tournaments at times, chess was super popular for a brief instant. I've yet to see any board games or table top games such as Warhammer.

I stream my DnD group playing every other Sunday. We use Roll20.net, and I would imagine it is pretty boring to watch from the outside, but it is there. We should be playing this Sunday, but I will be out of town.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2013

Set it up and tested it out this morning while I played some Dominion. I Think I got it working okay.

I didn't realize that the site keeps all the broadcast as replayable videos. I can't imagine how they can afford to store that much video.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    They purge your recorded broadcasts and highlights regularly. Typically within a week's time.
    That makes more sense.

Seems my upload speed is not quite up to the task. The video seems to have a lot of lag, and my broadcaster says that I'm dropping like 70% of my frames.

Might be upgrading my internet service soon, though, so that may fix.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    CB said:

That makes more sense.

Seems my upload speed is not quite up to the task. The video seems to have a lot of lag, and my broadcaster says that I'm dropping like 70% of my frames.

Might be upgrading my internet service soon, though, so that may fix.

you can also tell obs/xsplit to decrease the upload bandwidth.
    Playing with resolution downscale in Settings>Video helps, too.

IMO, rarely do we need to see what you're doing at 1080 - whatever is gained with clarity is typically lost in fidelity as you scroll around the screen/move. Games like Civ5 and Dominion, for example, might be worthwhile (given the amount of text.) Otherwise, I've found that 720 gives a good balance of performance.
    I had it scaled down to 840, but I don't see a place in the settings for limiting the upload bandwidth.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    Settings / max bitrate in obs
    CB
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    It is also important to note that CPU speed and RAM are the limiting factors on your client side.
    edited July 2013
    Some fun highlights from the weekend so far:

IC LoL Shenanigans (no audio, sorry): http://www.twitch.tv/nights__/c/2644308
    Tristana/Fizz combowombo w/ultimate finisher in a 4v4 all IC custom match. Stay tuned to the end of the video to see my lag confuse and daze Prag as we kill each other for a double ace.

IC Monaco: http://www.twitch.tv/nights__/c/2645666
    Jimmy, Thrax, Meg and I perform quite possibly the worst heist of all time. We'd beaten the level and had 1 guard to get around before making our getaway in a helicopter. Except... we didn't.

IC Just Cause 2 MP: http://www.twitch.tv/nights__/c/2645681
    Jimmy, Blackhawk and I try to link up in a city when a random dude jumps on my hood. So, what else left to do but hit the boost button and see what happens, right?

IC Just Cause 2 MP: http://www.twitch.tv/nights__/c/2645684
    Floating city in the backdrop during my relaxing voyage alone (Jimmy and Blackhawk were dodging the bullets of the other 1400+ people on the server at the time.) Attempted to get there faster with the boost button but hit an island on the way...
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited July 2013
    After working with it a bit I've been able to get my webcam to work properly with it so I can stream some Monster Hunter. Then my bro let me use his capture card so testing that now.

Edit: turns out his only works for XBox 360 and PS3. So grainy TV came is the best I can do atm.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Ran an epert mission Mann Up last night with pubs. All 1:35 can been seen Here.

At least watch from 1:32 for the last wave ending. It's intense!

-Digi
    I feel so left out. I'm not even in the index post. :(
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Snarkasm said:

Fixt.

:-D

-Digi
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Snarkasm said:

really? It has come to this? Sigh.

Lost my moderation abilities for a period of time, sorry good sir!