Warmachine on Kickstarter

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
edited July 2013 in Gaming
@BuddyJ, @DeathJester, and any other fans of the franchise...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/409030043/warmachine-tactics

I cannot tell you how long I've been waiting for a video game based on the tabletop miniatures game. There was an announcement a few years ago of a video game, but it never went much beyond a trailer shown off at a couple of conventions (and possibly an E3).

Kickstart like you've got a pair!

Edit: It was fully funded in under a week, and has 24 days to go. They're onto stretch goals now. I'm hoping they get all the way to their final currently listed goal so we can see the Retribution as a playable army.
JBoogalooBandrik

Comments

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited July 2013
    Oooooh. I did like the Warmachines game and lore, and I constructed a Hordes Circle Orboros army. Unfortunately I just didn't have the time to enjoy playing the game, nor did I wish to invest the resources in painting the models. Now they're all just collecting dust, so I'm in the process of selling off my army.

I was hoping something like this game would come along. Glad it's going to happen. :)
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    They're up over $1m and are on pace to hit the Retribution stretch goal. I am excite.
    Final Kickstarter total: $1,578,950. There is some additional money from PayPal donations too. Looks like the Retribution will be included. All of the stretch goals will be added after the initial release (free to >$20 backers) so as not to delay the game any more than necessary.
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    This is what I'd throw a pile of cash at

I played the original beta release when it first came out...the controls and interface were horrible and it wasn't terribly fun. I decided to set it aside before losing all interest in the game. Saw a new build was released a few days ago. Fired it up and what a difference! The gameplay is good (still a couple of weird bits but it is a beta), controls were improved big time.

If you don't afraid of beta/early access, I'd definitely recommend Warmachine Tactics now.